6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old December 12th, 2013, 01:00 AM

Truck: I don't own one at this time
RustyNut is on a distinguished road
Default Mini-Meets/Get-Togethers

Since I joined the group (10+?) years ago I have always promoted the idea of all members to try and organize "Mini-Meets". I have hosted/promoted a couple & attended quite a few. There is no better excuse to travel & meet new folks! And the good thing is the folks you meet all have one good thing in common..... They love these trucks!!!!!

I can honestly say that the 20 or 30 members I have met at these meets all seem to be "Good People". Over the years a few of these folks I have met have turned into what I consider real friends.

I hope everyone here thinks about trying to promote/organize a "Mini-Meet" in your area. Throw the idea out there and see what happens. Might be 2 or 3 folks, might get 6 or 10, may be the blow-out extravaganza of the century (Highly doubtful, but hey who knows).

With that being said, Are there any folks in the Midwest that would be willing to try and get together sometime this summer? Depending on response and location I can try to find a central location to try and accomodate as many as possible.

If interested in a Midwest Mini Meet contact me direct at

RustyNut63@sbcglobal.net

Take Care ALL!

Rusty
Old December 12th, 2013, 01:56 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Mini-Meets/Get-Togethers

I'm in depending on how midwest you wanna get. I dont know how far into MO I can get cecilia but I got AAA so what the heck! Let's do somethin and I'll bring the Powder Puff

I should look into a new set of tires too, come to think of it. Somethin stock-lookin but still radial...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old December 12th, 2013, 02:02 AM

We have our 1st potential "attendee". At this point the site for the mini meet will be either KC or Topeka. Location subject to change as more voice there interesting in attending. Once location is "set in stone" we will work on dates.

Come one, come all!!!!!!!!!!
Old December 12th, 2013, 03:52 AM

Truck: 1962 1500 Wideside 4 speed (305D / SM-420)
Clarke is on a distinguished road

My inlaws live in Topeka, so I can kill two birds with one stone.
Old December 12th, 2013, 05:39 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962, 1965, 1967
Ed Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura about

If you were to have it in Wichita, I'm sure my 89 year old Dad would be there with the one ton Suburban he bought new in 1965. I doubt if he'd spend the gas money to drive it all the way to Topeka, let alone KC. I'd probably even fly in to combine the mini-meet with a visit with my folks.
1962 K1000 Suburban 401M & SM420
1965 2500 Suburban 351C & SM420 with Watson overdrive
1967 CM1500 pickup 351E & NP435
Old December 13th, 2013, 12:08 AM

OK folks. Ed is one of the "good people/friends" I mentioned meeting in my initial post. With that being said I propose a "Mini-Meet" location of Wichita. How many folks would be willing to travel to Wichita?
Old December 13th, 2013, 12:47 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyNut View Post
OK folks. Ed is one of the "good people/friends" I mentioned meeting in my initial post. With that being said I propose a "Mini-Meet" location of Wichita. How many folks would be willing to travel to Wichita?
Sure we can try Wichita! Still in!

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old December 13th, 2013, 01:02 AM

After a little searching on the interweb I found what I feel might be a good date for this Mini-Meet. Saturday July 12. Our Mini-Meet would be in conjunction with the 20th Annual Automobilia Moonlight Car Show & Street Party.

WOW I wonder how politically correct that is? Street Party & Car Show? How are all these "party" goers supposed to get home...Oh I forgot....In the Hot Rods they drove to the show.........

Anyway the show is from 6pm to Midnight, but I would hope we could all meet earlier on Saturday and then attend the show as a group. I have e-mailed the promotor of the show and am hoping for more info & I will keep all informed as I learn more.

Rusty
Old December 13th, 2013, 01:34 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyNut View Post
After a little searching on the interweb I found what I feel might be a good date for this Mini-Meet. Saturday July 12. Our Mini-Meet would be in conjunction with the 20th Annual Automobilia Moonlight Car Show & Street Party.

WOW I wonder how politically correct that is? Street Party & Car Show? How are all these "party" goers supposed to get home...Oh I forgot....In the Hot Rods they drove to the show.........

Anyway the show is from 6pm to Midnight, but I would hope we could all meet earlier on Saturday and then attend the show as a group. I have e-mailed the promotor of the show and am hoping for more info & I will keep all informed as I learn more.

Rusty
for us we'd need to head back around 3 to make it home safe and by the Puff's bedtime, but that's OK. We're not much "after dark" kinda people anyway. You guys take some pics for us though!

Old December 13th, 2013, 02:20 AM

Truck: 1962 1500 Wideside 4 speed (305D / SM-420)
Clarke is on a distinguished road

I'm still in.