6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Other Rides and Projects

Other Rides and Projects Working on another year GMC? Maybe a Chevy, Dodge, F*rd, or even refinishing cabinets? Share your progress or start a build thread and let members follow along!

Old February 1st, 2015, 08:59 PM

Truck: GMC V12 powered '46 Chevy pu
Cayoterun is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cayoterun's new folly--GMC/Chevy bus

Quote:
Pretty cool! you going to fab up a set of wheel covers?
I finally got the 63 to the shop. It actually sounded better than I would've thought. No knocks or ticks that I can determine but it is pretty noisy. It obviously has vacuum leaks as well as exhaust leaks. I can probably machine theIntake down if needed. I will try to call you tomorrow and start it up for you so you can hear it run.
Sounds Good to me: You have better ears than me, so what you think is good enough for me.
After making sure we have room for wheel clearance, We'd end up with wheel covers. I think they would help it look more "ol' timey".
292: As we've talked, the 292s still have lots of run time after most would think they were ready to retire. If we thought it would help, we might stick a set of bearings and rings in, and touch up the valves. A little smoke out the exhaust pipe from cylinder wear might add a little to the ugly look.
Transport: We could be heading that way later in the spring. We had our family Christmas this weekend, and daughter's mother-in-law from here would like to come to Waco, so we could make double use of a trip down.

Thanks for your help. Hope I can return it "down the road".

I think I'll fix it myself, and pay the extra $500.
Old February 6th, 2015, 01:12 AM

Truck: 1947 Flxible Clipper Bus 29 passenger 401 M
tommr is on a distinguished road

Agreed. Those skirts really give it almost a Jetsens look. 292 is a great choice. Tom
Old February 18th, 2015, 01:59 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1960 3500, 305D heads
abus319 is on a distinguished road

Cayote
I finally got one of my long term projects, the scissor lift, nearly complete and out of the shop. I have and the 63 in and have started pulling the 292. It shouldn't take long however we have company coming so sometime next week at the latest.
hh
Old June 3rd, 2015, 08:37 PM

I hope this isn't a double post??

Santa Clause delivered early this year to my shop.
He delivered a running 292ci 6 to my shop yesterday from Austin, Tx. Sure looks purty sitting there. Maybe? by fall the old bus might roll out the door under her own power, since no one know's how long?? Hope to see what the old original drive-line is like. Maybe it will be good enough for occasional use. Next step, tag and title which could possibly be a challenge.

Old June 3rd, 2015, 08:41 PM

Whoops! Forgot to thank Santa, he didn't have a red suit, but did have longish, white hair, (grin).

Thanks, Abus!!!

Old June 12th, 2015, 04:42 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1960 3500, 305D heads
abus319 is on a distinguished road

Good to see you again and get caught up!!!
Santa hmm, Santa doesn't usually leave with more than he brought! Thanks for the milk and big ole cookie.. It bolted right up to the 478!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I bought some stuff from Dicky while I was there, and will need to come back up with a trailer at some point. Let me know when your about to hang that motor and I will try and coordinate the two.
Good luck at the Tag agency.....
Old July 19th, 2015, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Agreed. Those skirts really give it almost a Jetsens look. 292 is a great choice. Tom
Tom:
Since you're a bus fan, I wondered about yours and others thoughts on this.
My intentions with this is get it running, tagged, and street legal. Bring the exterior up to being presentable, close to original, but not show quality, let the next guy do the finish cosmetics to their taste, when I'm finished "playing" with it. Redoing the inside pretty nice as a camper like it was. New paneling, cabinets, floor coverings, etc.

I'd like to know what would be best for outside appearance? The solid covers on some of the windows don't look original, and wondered if the window glass is still behind the covers and paneling in the bathroom, if it wouldn't look better by taking the outside covers off, and using window, or shower curtains inside, instead. I don't know what to do about the missing exterior rain deflectors that's been removed. I'd hope some sheet metal guy could fab new ones by using another one as a pattern.

I'm trying to draw my mental picture of where I could go with it and still keep the 30s-40s original exterior look.
Need other thoughts.

Whoops, Tom. Reread some of your posts, and saw your ideas. Good ones. (Another senior moment, here)

Thanks

Last edited by Cayoterun; July 19th, 2015 at 08:43 PM. Reason: add comment
Old December 22nd, 2020, 02:57 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Coyote (And Post!), how's this bus coming? You get any time on it this summer during quarantine?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.