6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Other Rides and Projects

Other Rides and Projects Working on another year GMC? Maybe a Chevy, Dodge, F*rd, or even refinishing cabinets? Share your progress or start a build thread and let members follow along!

Old October 11th, 2013, 02:28 AM

Truck: 1962 1500 Wideside 4 speed (305D / SM-420)
Clarke is on a distinguished road
Default Speaking of JEEPS

Here's some videos from my most recent Colorado trip...

I have a '98 TJ Wrangler with 35" tires, 6" long arm lift, 4.56 gears with lockers, 5 sp, 4:1 crawl kit and a bunch of other stuff.

In one video you'll notice a couple of old Dodge Power Wagons that are cool! I followed these guys up the trail. Now, those guys can crawl.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

src="https://

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Old October 11th, 2013, 04:52 AM

Truck: 62 3/4ton 305 Hydramatic
tommyduncan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Speaking of JEEPS

Nice vids... and they never really do the obstacles justice! Where in Colorado was that? I always wanted to wheel there but I never made it past Moab.

I have a similarly equipped 05...

Old October 12th, 2013, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Nice vids... and they never really do the obstacles justice! Where in Colorado was that? I always wanted to wheel there but I never made it past Moab.
Funny... I've always wanted to try out Moab, but that's a long way to tow from KS. I've been there on the bike a couple of times; it's hot and dry. Both times I really missed my JEEP because there's so many running around there. Cool town.

This year in CO, I was near the Mt. Princeton area where the recent rock slide killed five people. I was out there the week before. Very sad! It's a popular area with the hot springs, hiking and 4X4 trails. There are many old mining towns and plenty of trails. We've wheeled in that area for many years. The Alpine Tunnel (or what's left of it) is near the area too. Iron Chest is one of CO's oldest hard core trails with the rock garden. At the top, there are a couple of old cabins and remnants of the old mill. Lots of history.
Old October 13th, 2013, 02:47 AM
Banned

Truck: None. Sold them all and became a hermit.
BarryGMC is on a distinguished road

Nice !!! Those old power wagons look interesting to. I have gone small tire lately on the wrangler. My son has been learning to drive in the steep and rocky Selkirk mtns . The Detroit in the rear saves his butt most of the time. But I want him to learn to pick his lines. We are heading up next weekend and I will get some pics of him in the rocks.
Old October 15th, 2013, 03:09 AM

I ran for several years with open diffs; I agree, you do learn to pick better lines. Then, I got into the hard core trails, so I added one locker; then a few years later, added one in the other axle. I can't remember the last time I used my winch since I'm locked up; I use it often to assist others.