6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Builds and Journals

Builds and Journals This is where the magic happens. Photograph & document your GMC build progress for posterity.
NOTICE - Photobucket will delete your pics after a time. Use another host if possible.

Old January 24th, 2013, 01:35 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1960 GMC Suburban
Corts60 is on a distinguished road
Default Progress on my 1960 GMC Suburban

Hello all,

I currently have a build thread on my Suburban over on 67-72chevytrucks.com and although I don't have the energy to start another build thread here, I figured I could post progress pics every now and then and if you want to read about the build, you can check the link in my sig.

Here are some photos of the day I picked it up and photos of the progress over the last two years. I will upate the photos here as often as things change on her.
-Cort

P. S. Before I post the 'burb, you all might remember my old '60 pick up with the dual stromberg set-up. I sold it and bought the 'burb two years ago.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

And here is the Suburban the day I picked it up.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Suburban build thread on 67-72chevytrucks site:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 24th, 2013, 01:39 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Default Re: Progress on my 1960 GMC Suburban

More of the day I picked it up:

As she progressed:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 24th, 2013, 01:43 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Starting to buff out a bit:

Her first camping trip & car show

Old January 24th, 2013, 01:47 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Now with a single Stromberg 97

Old January 24th, 2013, 01:52 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Currently she is torn apart in the garage getting all interior sanded and repainted and new windows and window seals all around.

Completely restored the entire heating and ventilation systems:

Last but not least, the dash after fresh paint:

Old January 24th, 2013, 01:58 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough

What did you do with that rebuilt Holly you started with on the 305A? looks like you changed to a 2 bbl....I need a Holly like that if you want to part with it....PM me

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)
Old January 24th, 2013, 03:36 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Quote:
What did you do with that rebuilt Holly you started with on the 305A? looks like you changed to a 2 bbl....I need a Holly like that if you want to part with it....PM me
That Holley is the numbers matching one for the truck so I will be keeping it. I always keep the original equipment for my projects just in case one day, when I'm much older, if I want to restore it again factory correct, I have all the goods to do it.

Old February 15th, 2013, 01:35 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Finally the weather is nice enough to pull the 'burb out and sweep the garage. I snapped a few pics of how she is sitting today. Just saving up for the window seals right now.

The original 305A

Old February 15th, 2013, 02:28 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

These trucks were made for great weather. Looks good!
Where are you getting rubber from? I'm thinking about brothers trucks weatherstrip kit for Cecilia.
Old February 15th, 2013, 02:38 AM

Truck: GMC V12 powered '46 Chevy pu
Cayoterun is on a distinguished road

My favorite pic. so far, is the one with the camper trailer. Nice!

I think I'll fix it myself, and pay the extra $500.