6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Other Rides and Projects

Other Rides and Projects Working on another year GMC? Maybe a Chevy, Dodge, F*rd, or even refinishing cabinets? Share your progress or start a build thread and let members follow along!

Old February 4th, 2015, 08:45 PM

Truck: I don't own one - YET!
Hantke is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1966 c20

Yeah he's in his 40's, that's the worst part! Not even a punk kid! If he was my age I could set him straight, but MR. Midlife crisis is out of my reach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GMC Hunting - I'll get my hands on one of 'em eventually.
Old February 4th, 2015, 11:03 PM

Truck: 1961 GMC Suburban 4WD-1966 GMC p?u,351,Turbo 400
Clyde will become famous soon enough

That is what they make lime for.
1966 GMC 3/4T P/U 351 V6, Turbo 400,Gear Vender OD
1969 GMC Suburban 1/2T
Old February 4th, 2015, 11:05 PM

I'm just going to stay out of it, I don't need to be getting into trouble with someone like that, they will just drag me down to their level and beat me with experience.

Old February 5th, 2015, 02:11 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So no real progress as of yet, been home sick and doing homework. One of my awesome (read obnoxious) neighbors decided they don't like my truck and have been repeatedly calling the sheriff to report it abandoned (mind you, it's sitting in front of my house where they used to tell all their visitors with loud fart can Hondas to park). I think someone is getting a little jealous now! Sheriff was nice, he stopped by while I was gone and had common sense to realize it is registered to the address it is sitting in front of (who would have thought???). So for now that's this weeks update. Hoping to take it to my friends birthday this weekend now.

Quote:
I thought you meant crotchety old people. I HATE punk kids (or 40 yr old kids) that act like that. Not much you can do but move unfortunately. I guess you could seed the road with roofing nails and wd-40 (drift that, punk!) but that might be considered illegal.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

The house next to me is for sale. I'll split the moving truck with ya!
I don't know if I could actually live in a regular neighborhood after 42 years on our little acre. We have neighbors of course but everyone minds their own business quite well. We have older single women living on either side of us. One of them yells at her dogs alot and the other one says she don't mind my parts stored behind my shop. All in all good folks! The county is another story---now they are saying my driveway isn't up to their standards. Never heard of such nonsense in all these years so I tore it up and threw it in the garbage where it belongs. I have two unlicensed outfits in the back yard but so far no issues-------

I did yet to yell "Get off my lawn" to a kid last summer though! He was riding a little dirt bike through my driveway and across part of my lawn repeatedly and I finally caught him in the act!

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday
Old February 5th, 2015, 02:49 AM

Truck: 1960-1966 1000-4000 series
David R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Oregon ain't what she used to be.

Hey now!

It isn't just the neighbors. Out here almost all neighbors have a "project" vehicle or two or three. I'm even across the street and down 1/2 block from the wrecking yard.
City was on my case for years (I dared sue, and lost, over something they did) and it was the city, not my neighbors who were giving me grief. The claim was that anonymous people were driving by my house and complaining
-that after I pointed out none of the neighbors were complaining and the city response of " the wrecking yard doesn't like you being in competition " when the nuisance officer checked he found out they -loved- me taking the wrecks they didn't want, and they wouldn't take anything I had... which pissed the city off because how were they going to make me get rid of them when the only wrecking yard doesn't want them!

It all came to a head when the city attorney passed away and the city manager and police chief announced they were retiring. Some referred to those three as running their own kingdom here. At that point they got a search warrant, without a docket/case number, (I was almost finished with the privacy fence) so they could cite me for having 14 inoperable vehicles in public view... and arrested me for it. Who knew owning a bunch of trucks was an arrestable offense? My parents bailed me out (which irked the city manager and judge) and my court appointed attorney kept putting the pressure on them to either charge me in court or drop it... they drug it out for a while before dropping all the charges (since when do you need a search warrant for something in public view?).

So let me tell you about life in Oregon. Its great as long as you don't run afoul of an egotistical city manager...

Been bliss since he retired.
And his replacement (who he personally taught) was charged with embezzling city funds.
Now if they would just get rid of that jerk they have doing nuisance now. Too much power, and he loves to use it.

Upside of the story, when all was said and done, not a single GMC went away due to their actions. Most of my other projects stayed as well. End result, city zero (well, my bail and fines) and me back the way things should be. Being left alone! Which is the way this city used to be.

-GMC Content-
Gave a truck to a young guy I know. He loves it, got it running and is only scrounging my extras for parts to keep it running. And he may be laid off so he wants to know in what order I want my projects fixed. I just gotta find money for parts!!!
mailto:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(2) 1961 1500
1962 1000
1963 2500
1963 4000
1964 2500
Old February 5th, 2015, 03:23 AM

Default 1966 c20

Awesome! I would totally work on someone's projects in my free time if I could!
I'm glad you ended up getting off Scott free though. I came from the country to the middle of the city and I hate it.

Last edited by Hantke; February 5th, 2015 at 03:29 AM.
Old February 5th, 2015, 04:15 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road

Cool stories of getting one up on the powers that be! I read somewhere, (facebook I think) that some free-thinking politician in Oregon is trying to get a law through that folks could have a choice between ethanol and non-ethanol fuels? We can still get non-corn gas here but pay out the nose for it even now.

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday
Old February 5th, 2015, 04:29 AM

Yeah our non-ethanol fuel is around $5.17 a gallon last time I saw it. Basically, I don't buy it.

Old February 14th, 2015, 01:03 AM

So I managed to tighten up my steering a little, and must say it definitely makes this truck more driveable! Now I still need to get the brakes / blinkers figured out.
Starting a new job Monday, and I think that I want to get those LMC LED brake lights. I'm not sure about the resistors, but I'll probably need to get two of them wit my luck, unless somebody knows if I need one or two, I'll give them a call though.

Are steering boxes meant to be wide open? Here's a picture of mine:

It seems fine now. But appears to be missing a ball bearing and it seems odd.

Old February 14th, 2015, 01:15 AM

Oh and it would appear that I have 4.56 gearing in my rear axle.