6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Builds and Journals

Builds and Journals This is where the magic happens. Photograph & document your GMC build progress for posterity.
NOTICE - Photobucket will delete your pics after a time. Use another host if possible.

Old October 5th, 2015, 07:45 PM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1000
aphaynes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Awesome! That they do. My now 12 year old thinks Rusty is going to be what she learns to drive in.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Little does she know how much muscle she will need to steer it.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

1965 GMC 1000, 305E

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1970 Torino GT, 302
1973 Mach I Mustang, 351W
Old January 13th, 2016, 12:16 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Well guys, it seems like every time I get a spare dime or a spare moment I got other projects and honey-dos to do. The Redhead just got herself a new-to-her mustang (1999) so I'll be helping with that. Might practice a little painting with it too. I'm toying with the idea of sitting that one out though and letting her do the work with me doing the "Iced Tea Supervising" that dads do sometimes. We'll see how that goes.

On top of that the catalytic converter is going out on my main family vehicle so I've got to come up with a way to cut it out or bypass it somehow. Not sure how they work yet, but I do know I don't need one.

If I get caught up Cecilia will be back on deck. I just wanted to let you guys know she wasn't sold or rotting in some field somewhere. I still love her as much as the first day. I just can't play with her like I used to.

To make up for the lack of updates here's a pic of the Powder Puff at age 11 on her spot. She keeps begging me to turn wrenches.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old January 13th, 2016, 12:25 AM

Truck: I don't own one - YET!
Hantke is on a distinguished road

Sounds like you're keeping busy! Glad you're still at it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GMC Hunting - I'll get my hands on one of 'em eventually.
Old January 13th, 2016, 01:15 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road

Good to hear from you Fetch, thanks for the update!

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday
Old March 14th, 2016, 04:15 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Another update with an unexpected twist. My father had a heart attack. He was down on the ground and turning blue with zero heartbeat. If not for another person nearby that found him and called 911 we would have lost him.

So I'm in the process of dialing back my life and responsibilities

so I can spend some good, quality time with the man doing the things he loves - fishing and hunting.

The plan is now this:
Get his house sold and liquidate everything that is "extraneous junk" he owns.

Move him here in town close to me
Get licensed for hunting and fishing
Get a boat and some thundersticks

Take a boating safety class and hunter safety course
Kill some pigs/deer/rabbits and fill the freezer
Catch some crappie and bass & fill the freezer some more
Commence "Making memories" with the grandkids as long as possible.

A lot of this is outside of my wheelhouse, but he grew up in the country with real dirt floors and will be a big help. After his heart episode we figure at most (statistically) we have 5 years left with him, more likely 1-3 years. I plan to put as many smiles on his face as possible until that time comes.

Oh, and I'll probably put the boat in the Other Rides section (Sorry Ron!

)
so you guys can see what I'm doing and offer help if you can. You guys know me,
any input you have is always appreciated!

I have zero experience with boats and not much money so anything I buy will need to be
worked on I'm sure. But once it's finished I have to be honest - I can't wait
to drag a boat to the lake with Cecilia!

When it's all said and done we should have some great pictures and fond memories with a man that made me what I am today. He's seen a lot since 1945. Some good and some bad. I'm going to do my level best to make sure the last thing he remembers is grandkids and giggles.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.

Last edited by FetchMeAPepsi; March 14th, 2016 at 04:22 PM.
Old March 14th, 2016, 04:28 PM

Truck: Former owner Repowered by GMC 305 V-6, 1963 Chevy 30 Series SM420 Long Bed (9') Step/Fenderside
George Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enough

Greetings Fetch!

Sorry to hear that your Dad had a heart attack. Hopefully you will have more time with him than you anticipate. Hope he recovers quickly. Make the most of every moment that you are able to spend with him. My parents are both gone, and there are many times that I wish they were still here. So many questions to ask for which there will be no answers.
Old March 14th, 2016, 04:35 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Quote:
Greetings Fetch!

Sorry to hear that your Dad had a heart attack. Hopefully you will have more time with him than you anticipate. Hope he recovers quickly. Make the most of every moment that you are able to spend with him. My parents are both gone, and there are many times that I wish they were still here. So many questions to ask for which there will be no answers.
Thanks George. That's what hit me when I got the call. OMG I'm not ready yet! What happened to the time?

That reminds me, for any of you guys that didn't get the chance, what kind of questions would you have asked if you could talk to your father again?

I'm a list guy so I'm putting together a list of questions about his childhood, my childhood, trends, twists, marriage advice, etc to grill him with. He's easy going so I'm lucky there. I can always ask him a question and expect an honest answer, even if he doesn't like to talk about the subject (like the Vietnam war- his least fav subject and where he lost his hearing on one side)

Old March 14th, 2016, 05:12 PM

Truck: Former owner Repowered by GMC 305 V-6, 1963 Chevy 30 Series SM420 Long Bed (9') Step/Fenderside
George Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Thanks George. That's what hit me when I got the call. OMG I'm not ready yet! What happened to the time?

That reminds me, for any of you guys that didn't get the chance, what kind of questions would you have asked if you could talk to your father again?

I'm a list guy so I'm putting together a list of questions about his childhood, my childhood, trends, twists, marriage advice, etc to grill him with. He's easy going so I'm lucky there. I can always ask him a question and expect an honest answer, even if he doesn't like to talk about the subject (like the Vietnam war- his least fav subject and where he lost his hearing on one side)
Hello again Fetch!

Yeah, there are still many questions that I'd like to ask my Dad. Since my Dad lived through most of the last century, (born in 1906--died in 2000) he was a veritable wealth of things that happened, like the Great Depression, World War II, gas rationing, the dust bowl years, the earliest he had ever sown oats, and so on. While we did get some information from him, there is still more that I would like to know, especially about the Depression and War years. Now, given the time frame that he was alive, you would naturally assume that I am much older than my age of 66 years. You see, my Dad didn't get married until he was 42, and Mom was younger than my Dad by a few years. I wish us kids would have recorded him on tape. It would have been a lasting legacy, not only for my Brother and Sister, but also for his Grand Children, and generations to come. And as to time passing, it goes by altogether too fast, and I've come to the realization that I have to make the most of every moment that I'm able to spend with my Kids and Grand Kids. By the way, thank your Dad for his Service to our Country. I am an Associate Member of the Marine Corps League, and I volunteer at our local Veterans home. Again Fetch, I hope you have more time with your Dad than what you anticipate.
Old March 14th, 2016, 05:34 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1961 Suburban 1962 GMC Utility
Funky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really nice

How blessed you are that your Dad was found in time. I'm liking your list of questions and the opportunity to just have time with him and find out all those details. Who wouldn't want the opportunity to have a few years more with their Dad? All the best for you and your family. (Thundersticks=LOL)
Old March 16th, 2016, 03:49 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road

Fetch, go take all the time you need with Pa! Ain't nothing more important. Don't set any store with "statistics". I know a lot of folks that should have been dead a long time ago if statistics were accurate. Mom lived 5 years longer than she was told to expect. Live it like you only have tomorrow though.

Wish I could get a few minutes back with my folks, best I can do is get Mom's GMC back on the road for her.

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday