6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Builds and Journals

Builds and Journals This is where the magic happens. Photograph & document your GMC build progress for posterity.
NOTICE - Photobucket will delete your pics after a time. Use another host if possible.

Old July 6th, 2014, 04:24 AM

Truck: '63 1000
Hayman is on a distinguished road
Default G-Pa's '63

I found a '63 GMC 1000 a few miles from home sitting in a line of dead pickups. I recently learned this particular pickup was the very one my G-Grampa bought new. I asked the gentleman if he'd be interested in parting with it (it's been sitting since 1990 according to the tag), he said sure. Since it originated in my family, he gave it to me. It's a bit rough but should be fun to work on.
Old July 6th, 2014, 05:42 AM
Banned

Truck: None. Sold them all and became a hermit.
BarryGMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: G-Pa's '63

Welcome and happy 4 th of July weekend. Sounds cool . We love pics. Barry.
Old July 6th, 2014, 02:25 PM

This is how I found it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (1.48 MB, Multiple views, 36 clicks)
Old July 6th, 2014, 02:29 PM

Other side
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (1.48 MB, Multiple views, 19 clicks)
Old July 6th, 2014, 02:31 PM

I can only seem to upload one at a time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (1.48 MB, Multiple views, 24 clicks)
Old July 6th, 2014, 09:04 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Thats a cool story! There's another guy I heard about that found his grandpas truck through the want ads somewhere. Just out of the blue. Sometimes its just meant to be right?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

You should be able to upload 5 pics at a time if i remember right. Or you can use a image host. I made a video on posting pictures in the

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Anyway, nice truck. What do you plan to start with first? Does she run now?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old July 6th, 2014, 11:01 PM

Truck: 1964 Fenderside 1000
Andice is on a distinguished road

Yep, it is rough. But the price was right and the family connection will hopefully motivate you. Best of luck with your project.
Old July 7th, 2014, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Thats a cool story! There's another guy I heard about that found his grandpas truck through the want ads somewhere. Just out of the blue. Sometimes its just meant to be right?

You should be able to upload 5 pics at a time if i remember right. Or you can use a image host. I made a video on posting pictures in the

Anyway, nice truck. What do you plan to start with first? Does she run now?
First order of business is get it running, after cleaning the mice and their residue out of course. The guy told me he was feeding cows in it and was several feet away when his then toddler (now adult) daughter found her way to the accelerator pedal. Turns out the water pump was worn out and it threw the fan through the radiator. He pulled it home, bought the parts, and never fixed it. I can entertain myself for a pretty good while just piddling around fixing things. A full restoration isn't in it's immediate future. I have zero experience/knowledge with body work, but am pretty handy under the hood. Besides that, they're more fun when they can still be used.
Old July 7th, 2014, 04:25 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I found a '63 GMC 1000 a few miles from home sitting in a line of dead pickups. I recently learned this particular pickup was the very one my G-Grampa bought new. I asked the gentleman if he'd be interested in parting with it (it's been sitting since 1990 according to the tag), he said sure. Since it originated in my family, he gave it to me. It's a bit rough but should be fun to work on.
Hello Hayman, welcome from the Black Hills. That was so cool of that man to give you this GMC! I repeat myself but my favorite type of truck is one that wears some of it's history and there's no vehicle better to work on than a family GMC. I drive GMC's more rough than your new project. Looking forward to reading more of your journey with this truck.

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday
Old December 17th, 2014, 01:57 AM

I finally got a little time to bring it around to the shop. Today I cleaned about five lbs of mouse nest/crap, shredded papers, and dirt out of the cab and under the hood. The engine is not stuck so I'm almost certain I can get it to run. In blowing some grease off I noticed it has plaid rocker arm covers. I'm sure this question has been discussed many times, but if someone would mind, what is this about? The first small steps are taken.