6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Builds and Journals

Builds and Journals This is where the magic happens. Photograph & document your GMC build progress for posterity.
NOTICE - Photobucket will delete your pics after a time. Use another host if possible.

Old July 23rd, 2014, 04:38 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1965 3500 Rescue Squad
6066gmcguy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1965 GMC 3500 Rescue Squad

We have two high schools in Box Elder County, the school in the north end, on the Tremonton Garland city limits, is the Bear River High School.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

and in Brigham City is the High School for the kids in the south end is Box Elder High School.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Home of the Bees.

Both of these High Schools were remodeled a few years ago, only saving the newest parts of BEHS and rebuilding the rest new either behind the old school of next to it, once the new school was up and running, the old part nolonger used got torn down.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
on FacePage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the
on FacePage.
Owner of:
1965 GMC 3500 Custom Rescue Squad {Black Built Bodies}
1968 Ford Galaxie 500 Convertible
2006 Yamaha Rhino 450
2008 GMC HHR Panel.
Old August 3rd, 2014, 01:23 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Today I took the Rescue Squad to the Great Mountain Chevy/GMC Truck Club Picnic, here we see the wild GMC Emergency Vehicle preparing to pounce in it's unsuspecting prey.

Here is a shot out on an old dirt road with old barn behind.

I finally arrived at the Millstream Classic Car Museum in Willard Utah.

Beside myself, three other members brought out there trucks.

on FacePage.

the
on FacePage.
Owner of:
2006 Yamaha Rhino 450
2008 GMC HHR Panel.
Old August 29th, 2014, 02:08 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

That last trip my brake booster started going out and by the time I got home I didn't have any braking action left. Looks like it will be time to pull that off for a rebuild, mite be a good project to start this weekend.

I guess I really fill the need to go to a show I can always take the Convertible, here it is with the Rescue Squad in my Yard.

Enjoy your weekend everyone and stay Safe!!!!

on FacePage.

the
on FacePage.
Owner of:
2006 Yamaha Rhino 450
2008 GMC HHR Panel.
Old August 29th, 2014, 04:06 AM

Truck: 1964 Fenderside 1000
Andice is on a distinguished road

Like Henry J Kaiser said: "Find a need and feel it!"
Old August 30th, 2014, 07:39 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Took the Rescue Squad to the shop last night with no brakes, just took it slow. I got to checking things out and that no fluid in the master cylinder, so finding the leak should be a snap. the rea wheel cylinders are leaking.

One think the shop need is a 5 ton floor jack, or a 20 ton bottle jack, guess I'll be buying a 20 ton bottle jack next week too. I use my ramps to get the truck's back end in the air to start with, then two 2 ton floor jacks to raise the wheel on one side off the ramp and onto stands.

I pulled off the wheel and found this rig has drums that can be removed with out having to pull the axle.

on FacePage.

the
on FacePage.
Owner of:
2006 Yamaha Rhino 450
2008 GMC HHR Panel.
Old August 30th, 2014, 07:49 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

With the drum off I can see that this is a 2 cylinder set up, and yes both of them are leaking.

The brake shoes look really good, but then it only has 8800 miles on it.

So I pulled both cylinders off to find some new ones.

I got them coming from NAPA next week. the numbers in case any one really wants to know:
Raybestos, forward cylinder - WC-18196 $37
Raybestos, rear cylinder - WC-37042 $ 44

Here is what you will find if you take them apart, the cylinders are 1.5"

More next weekend, well maybe not, its peach days and I have the convertible entered.

on FacePage.

the
on FacePage.
Owner of:
2006 Yamaha Rhino 450
2008 GMC HHR Panel.
Old September 7th, 2014, 02:19 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the part numbers Jolly! I added them to my list for the future. Not sure if they're the same but they look awful close. Powder Puff said to tell you the pic of the Rescue Squad in the weeds looks like a tiger. By the time you see it, it's already too late!
How did the Peach Days go?

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old September 7th, 2014, 05:55 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Peach Days was fun for while, but the blazzing hot sun was well just too much. they pulled in about 1000 cars, trucks, & motor bikes. I have posted photo on my facepage, Jolly's Truck & Car Show Page, see link below.

on FacePage.

the
on FacePage.
Owner of:
2006 Yamaha Rhino 450
2008 GMC HHR Panel.
Old September 28th, 2014, 12:39 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Ok here's an update on the Brake repairs, I'm going to have to replace all the major fluid components of the braking system.

So far I have replaced the master cylinder this past spring, now I have the rear wheel cylinders installed.

This area of your wheel cylinderr should be dry, no water of fluid.

New Brake Wheel Cylinders installed.

on FacePage.

the
on FacePage.
Owner of:
2006 Yamaha Rhino 450
2008 GMC HHR Panel.
Old September 28th, 2014, 12:56 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Here are some tools you mite want to have when doing a brake job on one of these Big GMCs.

First a good bottle jack, 12 tons or more. and don't reliy on just the bottle jack to hold it up while you working under there, always use a jack stand too.

Ok photobucket you have turn that photo anytime now....

You mite have noticed a floor jack in some of the photos, I had to use 2 2-ton jacks at the sme time to lift the truck, so the new bottle jack was bought to makethat job less work, and I didn't want to blow out the seals in the floor jacks.

An inpact driver will help in braking those rusty drum screws loose.

Lst not forget getting those big wheels off the truck in the first place, you need a good air supply and 3/4" inpact gun of bigger,

but you can do it by hand too with a 3/4" braker bar. a large pry bar works good to help in removing and install the wheels. also note in the pic a can of WD-40.

Once you get the tires off and the drum, then all you really ned are a few small hand tools.

on FacePage.

the
on FacePage.
Owner of:
2006 Yamaha Rhino 450
2008 GMC HHR Panel.