6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Builds and Journals

Builds and Journals This is where the magic happens. Photograph & document your GMC build progress for posterity.
NOTICE - Photobucket will delete your pics after a time. Use another host if possible.

Old January 8th, 2015, 12:49 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:
What?? Banned?? Well dang it Barry.
Looks like your still chugging along! That's nice to see after so many people seem to be giving up on their projects!
I may never finish, but I won't give up

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Like Coyote says, "I'll fix it myself and pay the extra $500"

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Quote:
Banned? I knew I had not heard from him in a while on here, but did not know he was banned. How did that happen? That's a shame.

He got in a fight with some other member and went too far is what I heard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old January 8th, 2015, 12:49 AM

Truck: I don't own one - YET!
Hantke is on a distinguished road

That sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GMC Hunting - I'll get my hands on one of 'em eventually.
Old January 8th, 2015, 01:31 AM

Truck: 1968 KM2500
bigblockv6 will become famous soon enoughbigblockv6 will become famous soon enough

Yeah I was the one he got in the confrontation with. He got what he deserved!!
Old January 8th, 2015, 02:05 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Yeah I was the one he got in the confrontation with. He got what he deserved!!
Yeah I didn't think Jeannie would hammer someone unless it went way too far. She's rapped me on the knuckles from time to time but it's always just a friendly reminder to follow the rules and maybe deleting one of my um....more excitable posts.

I had to go back and look at them but it says this
I want each and every one of you to know that we will never ban a member outright without several warnings.

So I guess he got read bad real fast. Jeannie seems pretty patient putting up with stuff (and thank you for that if you're reading this!).

Glad you're still here BB. I'm going to need all the help I can get if my engine is bad and I hope you'll peek in from time to time and lay down the knowledge.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old January 8th, 2015, 04:11 PM

bigblockv6 will become famous soon enoughbigblockv6 will become famous soon enough

Well BarryGMC had slandered me three posts consecutively so doing more than once was beyond way to far!
Old January 8th, 2015, 04:29 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Quote:
Well BarryGMC had slandered me three posts consecutively so doing more than once was beyond way to far!
I wasn't here but I trust Jeannie's judgement. Like I said though Im glad you're still here, and DAC, GMCGUY, WDShaffer, Groby, Jolly, Ed, and Culver, and all the other guys that have real wrench turning experience. There's a lot of info here on the forum but nothing beats experience.

Without you guys I'd never have got my truck running much less get it into regular use. And restoration? Fuggeddaboudit!

On the downside, my newly painted wheels are rusting in pinholes.

Spraypaint was such a bad idea there after all that prepwork.

Old January 8th, 2015, 04:36 PM

The problem with spray can paint is it's heavily watered down with solvents in order for it to be sprayable from a can, in no time at all it fades and loses it's durability from exposure to sun light.
Old January 8th, 2015, 11:14 PM

Truck: 1964 Fenderside 1000
Andice is on a distinguished road

Well, if Barry got what he deserved then why do I feel punished? I miss his input and have lost most of my interest in visiting this forum since his departure. The post by Jeannie indicated a ten day ban. That was a month ago.
Old January 9th, 2015, 12:31 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Quote:
Well, if Barry got what he deserved then why do I feel punished? I miss his input and have lost most of my interest in visiting this forum since his departure. The post by Jeannie indicated a ten day ban. That was a month ago.
I got a lot of info from him too. He was always willing to help and I wouldn't have got the front end rebuilt without him. I'll miss his input and his wisdom but I can't stop just because he isn't here anymore. The build must go on!
I like to think he'd appreciate that.

Quote:
The problem with spray can paint is it's heavily watered down with solvents in order for it to be sprayable from a can, in no time at all it fades and loses it's durability from exposure to sun light.
Well dang it. I KNEW spraypainting was a bad idea. Ugh.

I invested in a few small cans of por-15 this winter to try again. I'm going to use a brush with it. I hate having to media blast it all over again though. Do you know if it's OK to paint the inside under where the tire goes too? I didn't last time but I might this time to fend off any rust monsters.

Old January 9th, 2015, 02:25 AM

It would be a good idea to under where the tire goes, I highly suggest you invest in a small air compressor and paint gun to get the job done right, spray cans and brushes just don't do it right.