6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old December 14th, 2016, 01:52 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Reclaiming my GMC

Fritz, I called a buddy out in CA and he has a 64-66 GMC SWB frame for you when or if the time is right to go to that extent. May very well be there are dozens of frames closer or you may end up buying a SWB GMC to begin with, but wanted you to know with a little effort we can find whatever you need

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)
Old December 14th, 2016, 03:21 PM

Truck: 1960 Custom 4x4
fritz is on a distinguished road

GMC NUT,
WOW, Thank you and everyone for such an overwhelming reception and willingness to help. I really appreciate your insight and direction. Given my abilities It would be best to purchase a truck that is close to complete. I just don't see me being able to build a truck from components. Who knows though I will continue looking and with further help we can make it happen.

I did find a custom long bed(craigs list) no rust in body one dent out in the Pacific N.W. Original paint. It is in running condition but needs restoring, interior original but mostly gone. Having a ball looking!

Thanks Again,

Fritz
Old December 14th, 2016, 03:56 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz View Post
GMC NUT,
WOW, Thank you and everyone for such an overwhelming reception and willingness to help. I really appreciate your insight and direction. Given my abilities It would be best to purchase a truck that is close to complete. I just don't see me being able to build a truck from components. Who knows though I will continue looking and with further help we can make it happen.

I did find a custom long bed(craigs list) no rust in body one dent out in the Pacific N.W. Original paint. It is in running condition but needs restoring, interior original but mostly gone. Having a ball looking!

Thanks Again,

Fritz

Don't fret, Fritz! I used to think the same thing but working on these old trucks isn't like working on a "real car". It's more like working on an oversized go-cart that you can slide under when you need to without having an absurdly tall jack.

Also, there's no shame in a longbed! Some people love long wides, me I'm a sucker for a long-stepper. Short beds were too rough a ride for me and my iffy back. But if shortbeds are your thing just keep your options open. You'll find one or you'll find something you can make into one with GMCNut's guidance. He's a mountain of info and experience

Of course this all should wait until you dig out of the snow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old December 14th, 2016, 06:40 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz View Post
GMC NUT,

Thanks Again,

Fritz
So to add to that, I have friends in Canby Oregon, Spokane WA, and Bonners Ferry ID all willing to go fetch and stage a truck you might find should you need them to, or maybe if its close enough, just go put two highly experienced eyes on it for you. Shipping from the farthest point in Oregon will be around 1700 or so and worse if its in Seattle or Western WA, so keep that in mind - my buddy Randy Kroth will go get it for you and deliver if you buy a non-runner, but if you buy a runner driver you might be cheaper hiring a multi-car hauler to pick it up. Otherwise Randy's prices are hard to beat.

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)
Old December 17th, 2016, 02:32 AM

Truck: 1965 GMC Suburban 4x4
kchampagne is on a distinguished road

Hey fritz, here is a 64 short bed in the Denver area (not mine). Looks to be in good shape. Not to keen on the color or wheels though.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5891669856.html
Old December 17th, 2016, 02:53 AM

Truck: 1960 Custom 4x4
fritz is on a distinguished road

Thank you Kc for looking for me I will call in the Am.

Fritz
Old December 17th, 2016, 03:48 AM

Truck: 1965 GMC Suburban 4x4
kchampagne is on a distinguished road

If you decide you are real interested, I could go take a look at it for you and take additional pics. The truck is located in the same town I live in. I have never seen it though. It has been on Craigslist for a few months. I think the seller originally had listed for $13,000. I bet you could get it for less, maybe 8-9 grand.