6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Other Rides and Projects

Other Rides and Projects Working on another year GMC? Maybe a Chevy, Dodge, F*rd, or even refinishing cabinets? Share your progress or start a build thread and let members follow along!

Old July 20th, 2016, 05:53 AM
Banned

Truck: Only chevy powered trucks
Charon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Project "Honor your Father" - Ultra quick boat project (I hope)

You can't change those sleeves. That aluminum came from your pistons. Scrape it out . Call it good. And give it a hone. This is my last post pep. Hope you see it. Can't take the ignorance. Good luck here. I will email you and send some parts your way. Barry.
Old August 4th, 2016, 04:22 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

I tried removing the sleeve and failed so bad. burned up a pair of gloves and smoked up the house. I ended up having the sleeve redone at a pro shop for $250 bucks. Arrgh!
But it's on the way to going back together now. Thankfully.
Once it's running again I can get back on Cecilia. I'd really like to drag the boat with her.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old August 6th, 2016, 06:53 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Sleeve is done and I'm putting him back together. Sooooo satisfying. Powder Puff is ready to go fishing again. Here's a pic of the crankcase all buttoned up. I learned a ton on this project. Let's hope it still runs when I get it back together and doesn't just blow up haha!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.