6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Transmissions and Rear Ends

Transmissions and Rear Ends Three on the tree or four in the floor? Shift it all here.

Old November 29th, 2016, 06:25 PM

Truck: 1964, K15
Lineman is on a distinguished road
Default Where can I find a 4 Speed Transmission Boot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1960HDGMC View Post
Here are all the paint regulations that I have. They show the 1960,1962 and 1966 Two-Tone GMC paint schemes. If anyone has other years, or the second page for 1966,please post them here. Thanks, GM
So what would a 1963 step side custom cab look like? Where would the paint lines break?

Mine is about ready for paint.

Oh, where can I get the shifter boot?

Thanks Jay
Old November 30th, 2016, 10:49 PM
GMC Advisor

Truck: 1961 Short Fenderside
WDShaffer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Calling All Two-Tones

From other posts, I suspect the white would be between the brightwoork, around the cab only. Conversely, my non-custom '61 has white on roof only.
Old December 1st, 2016, 12:28 AM

Truck: 1966 1002
gmccollector is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lineman View Post
So what would a 1963 step side custom cab look like? Where would the paint lines break?

Mine is about ready for paint.

Oh, where can I get the sifter boot?

Thanks Jay
Yes , as stated the white would be inside the moldings on the side door window and just the little section of the cab. No white on the roof. What are you needing a shifter boot for ? Is it two or 4 wheel drive ? If its just the 4 speed there was no shift "boot" used , just a thick sponge like seal under the floor and on top of the transmission. If 4x4 it will have a boot only on the lever for the transfer case.
Old December 1st, 2016, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmccollector View Post
Yes , as stated the white would be inside the moldings on the side door window and just the little section of the cab. No white on the roof. What are you needing a shifter boot for ? Is it two or 4 wheel drive ? If its just the 4 speed there was no shift "boot" used , just a thick sponge like seal under the floor and on top of the transmission. If 4x4 it will have a boot only on the lever for the transfer case.
Thanks, I think I remember that was what it was looking like. Although I think mine is all but gone now. Can you get them? What can I do to make mine nice again as this truck goes back together?

Thanks, Jay
Old December 1st, 2016, 03:05 PM

Heres what it looks like NOS . Not sure if they are making it yet aftermarket.

Old December 1st, 2016, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Heres what it looks like NOS . Not sure if they are making it yet aftermarket.

Thanks for the picks, looks like that thing is getting hard to find and the repro thing is not quite the same. You wouldn't want to sell that would you?

Thanks, Jay
Old December 1st, 2016, 11:45 PM

Hi Jay , sorry , I need more of them myself ! LOL .Too many trucks. The one they reproduce that AZKen posted , I have a feeling its part # 3766203 and its shorter , they have it listed for more trucks than I thought it should be for. Ken had a good idea and just order two if you need more squish to get a proper seal. This picture below shows the part numbers and size difference. I could be wrong ? but I think you need the taller 3766204 number for your application. I would Call them and get a measurement.

Old December 3rd, 2016, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Hi Jay , sorry , I need more of them myself ! LOL .Too many trucks. The one they reproduce that AZKen posted , I have a feeling its part # 3766203 and its shorter , they have it listed for more trucks than I thought it should be for. Ken had a good idea and just order two if you need more squish to get a proper seal. This picture below shows the part numbers and size difference. I could be wrong ? but I think you need the taller 3766204 number for your application. I would Call them and get a measurement.

Thanks.

Got the trans stuck out of gear today. I am pulling the truck from the body shop so now I have to find a place to keep it. Much less what I am going to do to finish it. Too much money invested now. Too many bad decisions.