6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Builds and Journals

Builds and Journals This is where the magic happens. Photograph & document your GMC build progress for posterity.
NOTICE - Photobucket will delete your pics after a time. Use another host if possible.

Old March 25th, 2014, 11:15 PM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1000
aphaynes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1964 GMC 1000 Fleetside

Quote:
Aphaynes,

GMC manufacturing was labeled in series instead of years, unlike most other manufacturers. With the target demographic a hard-working American that had little use for the annual flash and tech, it was marketed as major upgrades to capability were released. The series did not change from 1964 - 1966, leaving the labeling process unchanged. Aside from the Oakland plant the years in question would be labeled identically. This results in the series being called the 4-5-6 series by fans of the bodystyle.

Congratulations on your new truck. I have subscribed to your thread to see your progress

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

-Jeannie
Found this interesting table in the LMC catalog today. If it is correct then I guess I have an early 1965 instead of 1964 based on the model and vehicle portion of my VIN, "F26882".

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Can anyone support LMC's statement?

Old March 27th, 2014, 05:22 PM

Haven't got my truck home yet...hopefully this weekend.

In the meantime just doing a lot of reading and studying. As a rookie in the world of auto body work, I know I have a lot to learn for any aspect of this project I take on myself. I just found this resource. Seems to be pretty informative in terms of metal work and paint, but then...what do i know

Maybe some folks here have used it or seen it and can vouch for it. Maybe another rookie like me will find it useful.
Old March 27th, 2014, 07:14 PM

Vernski is on a distinguished road

Hi AP that looks like a good resource for body work it has allot information and will be very helpful. I like that he said his way was not the only approach to body work, as with any information some are more comprehensive in different areas. I think it is good honest info overall and a good choice....Vernski

Old March 27th, 2014, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Hi AP that looks like a good resource for body work it has allot information and will be very helpful. I like that he said his way was not the only approach to body work, as with any information some are more comprehensive in different areas. I think it is good honest info overall and a good choice....Vernski

Vernski - thanks for taking a peek at it and confirming my hunch!

Old March 27th, 2014, 07:57 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Found this interesting table in the LMC catalog today. If it is correct then I guess I have an early 1965 instead of 1964 based on the model and vehicle portion of my VIN, "F26882".

Can anyone support LMC's statement?

Where'd you find it? I messed around the site a little but didnt see it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old March 27th, 2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Where'd you find it? I messed around the site a little but didnt see it.
Page 8 of their online PDF catalog

this page has links to all of their PDF catalogs

Old March 29th, 2014, 01:45 AM

Finally got her home!

She survived our 40 mile ride!

May have hosed up the brakes though. Stopped for gas, put on the emergency brake and never took it back off (30 miles or so).

Not used to messing with a big 'ol emergency brake lever.

She is leaking some oil after she gets warmed up good.

Dark now, so that will be an investigation for tomorrow if the rain holds off.

Needs a carb rebuild...and I haven't looked at a carb in 25 or so years.

Fetch - Guess I'll be revisiting your build thread!!

Brake lights are iffy...sometimes one comes on sometimes two. Wiring check in order as well.

Let the fun begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old March 29th, 2014, 09:31 AM

Vernski is on a distinguished road

Alex hereis a link from the GMC Guy on wiring most of these old trucks just have bad ground from corrosion and other malady's check it out if you haven't already found it...Vernski

Here is a link to the decals for the gauges at Brothers Trucks

Last edited by Vernski; March 29th, 2014 at 09:38 AM. Reason: add decals
Old March 29th, 2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Alex hereis a link from the GMC Guy on wiring most of these old trucks just have bad ground from corrosion and other malady's check it out if you haven't already found it...Vernski

Here is a link to the decals for the gauges at Brothers Trucks

Awesome! Thanks Vernski!! I had not found that yet.

Raining here so might as well study up some more!
Old March 30th, 2014, 05:46 PM

Tootling..is that a word...around the junkyard Friday, I was wondering if anyone had attempted to use a 1990 Chevy Van G20 Fuel tank in the rear of theses GMC's?

Problem: Not sure of the dimensions of the GMC frame. Have seen a drawing for the Chevy and could assume they should be the same but I hate to assume.

Van tank dimensions are 31 x 22 x 12.38 in. according to an ad for one...forgot to carry a tape measure with me.

...but then that is not what I went there to look for.

tank at the junkyard...