PDA

View Full Version : Progress on my 1960 GMC Suburban

Corts60
January 24th, 2013, 01:35 AM
Hello all,

I currently have a build thread on my Suburban over on 67-72chevytrucks.com and although I don't have the energy to start another build thread here, I figured I could post progress pics every now and then and if you want to read about the build, you can check the link in my sig.

Here are some photos of the day I picked it up and photos of the progress over the last two years. I will upate the photos here as often as things change on her.
-Cort

P. S. Before I post the 'burb, you all might remember my old '60 pick up with the dual stromberg set-up. I sold it and bought the 'burb two years ago.
<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br>
And here is the Suburban the day I picked it up.
<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br>

Corts60
January 24th, 2013, 01:39 AM
More of the day I picked it up:
As she progressed:

Corts60
January 24th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Starting to buff out a bit:
Her first camping trip & car show

Corts60
January 24th, 2013, 01:47 AM
Now with a single Stromberg 97

Corts60
January 24th, 2013, 01:52 AM
Currently she is torn apart in the garage getting all interior sanded and repainted and new windows and window seals all around.
Completely restored the entire heating and ventilation systems:
Last but not least, the dash after fresh paint:

GMCNUT
January 24th, 2013, 01:58 AM
What did you do with that rebuilt Holly you started with on the 305A? looks like you changed to a 2 bbl....I need a Holly like that if you want to part with it....PM me

Corts60
January 24th, 2013, 03:36 AM
What did you do with that rebuilt Holly you started with on the 305A? looks like you changed to a 2 bbl....I need a Holly like that if you want to part with it....PM me

That Holley is the numbers matching one for the truck so I will be keeping it. I always keep the original equipment for my projects just in case one day, when I'm much older, if I want to restore it again factory correct, I have all the goods to do it.

Corts60
February 15th, 2013, 01:35 AM
Finally the weather is nice enough to pull the 'burb out and sweep the garage. I snapped a few pics of how she is sitting today. Just saving up for the window seals right now.
The original 305A

FetchMeAPepsi
February 15th, 2013, 02:28 AM
These trucks were made for great weather. Looks good!
Where are you getting rubber from? I'm thinking about brothers trucks weatherstrip kit for Cecilia.

Cayoterun
February 15th, 2013, 02:38 AM
My favorite pic. so far, is the one with the camper trailer. Nice!

BarryGMC
February 15th, 2013, 02:46 AM
I love Oregon for old trucks. I get a lot of stuff there. mostly Wallawa county. A long way from you though. However some of my family history is in tillamook. We get that way once a year or so. I will let you know before I would love to see the burb. Barry.

Rockdriller
October 12th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Great progress, Cort.

Foley
October 13th, 2013, 05:08 AM
ALL those pictures are great. Lots of nice detailed restoration work going on there! Thanks for posting them, and if you tell me those are original 1957/58 Oldsmobile Starfire spinner hubcaps I'm gonna break down and cry...And not to detract from your 60 Burb, but I'd like to know the year and name of that trailer. (Another one of my interests) Tks.:thumbsup: The "other" Bob C.