PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Paint

Vernski
February 4th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Thought I would post some pics of my progress on painting Frank. My son-inlaw
is spaying the truck for me I can't take the fumes even with a respirator. I have more pictures if you like...Vernski:)

sclor
February 4th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Vernski:
Looks good. Nothing like fresh paint.

What type of paint did you use? On the fumes, the best thing that I purchased is an air supplied respirator. It uses a pump with a 50' hose. The pump is placed outside in fresh air and pumps air to the respirator so you don't get any fumes. A lot of folks are still using charcoal masks with hardened paints, but they get expensive when you use them appropriately (8 hours of use) and tend to leak since you are pulling air through them vs. the air supplied that pressurizes your mask from the pump.

Let me know what materials you chose and whether you were satisfied with them?
Thanks,
Steve
New Orleans

FetchMeAPepsi
February 5th, 2013, 01:13 AM
That looks pretty good. He paintd the doorhandles though. did you mean to do that?

Vernski
February 5th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Vernski:
Looks good. Nothing like fresh paint.

What type of paint did you use? On the fumes, the best thing that I purchased is an air supplied respirator. It uses a pump with a 50' hose. The pump is placed outside in fresh air and pumps air to the respirator so you don't get any fumes. A lot of folks are still using charcoal masks with hardened paints, but they get expensive when you use them appropriately (8 hours of use) and tend to leak since you are pulling air through them vs. the air supplied that pressurizes your mask from the pump.

Let me know what materials you chose and whether you were satisfied with them?
Thanks,
Steve
New Orleans

Steve I urethane B/C the brand is called Omni I think it compares to Dupont or PPG plus it costs less. I looked at an outside respirator they don't give those away do they? The urethane was w/hardener the clear-coat flowed out nice w/ just a little extra thinner added to it.[ Pepsi ] your pulling my leg about the door handles aren't you...Vernski:)

sclor
February 5th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Vernski:
Yes, the air supplied can get a bit pricey. I have a Neoterik that I bought used for $120, but they are no longer made. Check on Hobbyair. They are for home use because they are not OSHA certified, but all the reports on them are good.
Regards,
Steve
New Orleans

FetchMeAPepsi
February 6th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Yes I was teasing ya about the door handles. It's a nice color too. When will it be done?
post some more pics when you get time

Vernski
February 6th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Yes I was teasing ya about the door handles. It's a nice color too. When will it be done?
post some more pics when you get time
Yup I'm kinda slow at my age, but I figured you was. Here is some more pics
with the grill in and I still have to rub it all out...Vernski166

sclor
February 6th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Vernski:
Looks nice. I wouldn't wait too long to color sand and buff. After a few days, that clear gets much harder to buff out.

Hey, what's with that stash of extra chrome grills hanging on the side wall??
Regards,
Steve
New Orleans

BarryGMC
February 6th, 2013, 10:29 PM
It must be a northwest thing. I have 5 hanging on the wall. Looks good Vern! I cant wait to check it out when I bring the rear end. Barry

Vernski
February 7th, 2013, 08:56 PM
It must be a northwest thing. I have 5 hanging on the wall. Looks good Vern! I cant wait to check it out when I bring the rear end. Barry

Barry are you talkin wall art? we'll, I leaned that from Hi skool we'll be a waitin on the re-end too...Vernski:D

Vernski
March 24th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Vernski:
Looks nice. I wouldn't wait too long to color sand and buff. After a few days, that clear gets much harder to buff out.

Hey, what's with that stash of extra chrome grills hanging on the side wall??
Regards,
Steve
New Orleans

I had the truck rubbed out in the middle of Feb, but for some reason I couldn't post the pics and still can't. The extra grills one is for my truck, the other was bought off craigslist a while back cause it was $75 Vernski:D

Vernski
March 29th, 2013, 02:27 AM
Ok thank you Jeanie it now works so here's some pic's after Frank was color sanded and rubbed out to all enjoy!...Vernski:D

Wildchild
March 29th, 2013, 02:44 AM
Nice truck I like the color.

Jeannie
March 29th, 2013, 01:47 PM
I'm happy we were able to get you fixed. That is a beautiful truck Vernski.

Vernski
March 29th, 2013, 05:16 PM
I'm happy we were able to get you fixed. That is a beautiful truck Vernski.

Yes, Jeannie you are truly a super moderator thank you so much...Vernski;)

Vernski
March 29th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Nice truck I like the color.

Thank you Wildchild the color is called chartreuse...Vernski:D

FetchMeAPepsi
March 30th, 2013, 12:15 AM
WOW Vern! She turned out GREAT! I'm afraid I'm going to have to have more pics.

tommyduncan
August 4th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Wow! That came out awesome...

When I saw the first pics of it being painted I thought you had some old zinc chromate primer which would explain the fumes.
I would never have considered that color....

...until I saw yours done. It looks great!

The more I look at pics on here the more I reconsider what colors I want mine.

aphaynes
April 6th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Very nice Vernski! :thumbsup: