PDA

View Full Version : Stopped a thief

BarryGMC
February 5th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Last night at 2:10 I heard a door close outside. This is not unusual I live 2 blocks from Gonzaga University. But my wrangler and 65 GMC have distinctive door sounds. I stepped out on the back patio and looked around. Every thing seemed fine. As soon as I got back into the house the jimmy fired up... Well the race was on. Me in a T shirt and boxers and no shoes, temp in the 20's. The thief was backing up to go. Well in through the passenger door I went, the truck died and out the drivers door he went. He left all of his stuff, thought it might be helpfull for the police. But after waiting for 1 1/2 hours I went to bed. NO POLICE. So I made a note to self! 1 install a kill switch while I am repairing the wiring. 2 We are on or own. Barry Charon Spokane Washington

Cayoterun
February 5th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Glad you saved the Jimmy. Sorry you didn't get your hands on the------, and the cop deal stunk.

Corts60
February 5th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Wow, that's incredible. Great job on stopping that POS from stealing your rig.

Vernski
February 5th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Wow Barry you need to get a CC permit, cops are never around when you need one. A 44 mag is allot less weight to pack around than a cop...Vernski:)

BillT
February 6th, 2013, 12:06 AM
Glad to see that you stopped him. I agree, get a Gun, first. Then install a Kill Switch. You will need a Gun especially since the law doesn't like to show up.

I hope they show up if there is ever an emergency at the University!!

Bill

BarryGMC
February 6th, 2013, 01:52 AM
Trust me I have more guns than trucks. And I have a lot of trucks. However it usually is some drunk student messing around in the yard. I rent to a lot of them so I dont want to ruin my client relationship. Both my 14 year old son and my brother gave me ****, And my wife was surprised I was not armed. But at 2 in the morning my senses were foggy. Trust me I wish I had the mossberg 500 or one of the 45's I walked past on the way to the kitchen. Hind sight is 20-20. Barry

Funky61
February 6th, 2013, 02:36 AM
Nice work Barry! Your hearing is still sharp too.

FetchMeAPepsi
February 6th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Wow barry you're like me! I dont think about anything but "hey this little bastard is taking my stuff!" I second that CCW class though. If they're always up in your stuff you need to be armed. Kids dont think anything about killing someone over a stick of gum. You might have to put him down next time, sad as it would be.

6066gmcguy
February 6th, 2013, 08:16 PM
A kill switch mite not work, best to have some thing they can see first, Like a big log chain tied to the bumpers and a large tree.....

2-Ton
February 7th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Glad you did good on stopping the POS.
I also live rural and cannot rely on a quick LEO to be here with in about a half hour.
I also support the Conceal and carry permit.
Have not got mine yet, but will have by mid summer this year.

Don
Mokane Mo.

Rustbucket
February 19th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Two words: land mines!