PDA

View Full Version : Sent one off

BarryGMC
February 16th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Well I finally did it. I sent what was left of the 60 parts truck to the scrapper. This was the truck that got me into these v6 jimmys. I actually owned this truck twice. First when I was 16 back in 84. I had it three years. The drvetrain never let me down. Second time my brother found it in a field about 15 miles north, sunk to the rims. Well I bought it back for $400 the same price I sold it to the gent in 87. It had only traveled about 3000 miles from the time I sold it. I was glad to get this truck back, not to restore but to correct another 60 I had bought in 06. The new to me 60 is the most rust free 60-66 truck I have ever owned. Not one pinhole anywhere. But it had a 350-turbo 350 combo and a horrible floor shift. Well 60#1 had a 305a hydramatic and every bit and piece to correct 60#2. wELL 60# 2 Is done and every usable part from the first was removed. I hung on to this truck a bit to long and it was taking up space. Really it was only a rusty cab, fenders and front wells and the frame. I still felt quite melancholy. Thanks for the memories.

jbgroby
February 16th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Did you at least put it our of it's misery?

FetchMeAPepsi
February 17th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Aww man I sure hate to hear that, but now you have more room. Whatcha buyin to put in it's place?

GMCNUT
February 17th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Aww man I sure hate to hear that, but now you have more room. Whatcha buyin to put in it's place?

I hope he's calling me soon to tell me he's got the new new 1960 GMC brought home to put in its place - supposed to be getting one with some parts I need real bad....I think we are waiting for snow to melt still, right Barry?

Vernski
February 18th, 2013, 12:11 AM
Well I finally did it. I sent what was left of the 60 parts truck to the scrapper. This was the truck that got me into these v6 jimmys. I actually owned this truck twice. First when I was 16 back in 84. I had it three years. The drvetrain never let me down. Second time my brother found it in a field about 15 miles north, sunk to the rims. Well I bought it back for $400 the same price I sold it to the gent in 87. It had only traveled about 3000 miles from the time I sold it. I was glad to get this truck back, not to restore but to correct another 60 I had bought in 06. The new to me 60 is the most rust free 60-66 truck I have ever owned. Not one pinhole anywhere. But it had a 350-turbo 350 combo and a horrible floor shift. Well 60#1 had a 305a hydramatic and every bit and piece to correct 60#2. wELL 60# 2 Is done and every usable part from the first was removed. I hung on to this truck a bit to long and it was taking up space. Really it was only a rusty cab, fenders and front wells and the frame. I still felt quite melancholy. Thanks for the memories.

Barry here's one I was given the eagle eye, but you probly saw it on CL...Vernski:D
http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/3589127214.html