PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with gas prices lately?

FetchMeAPepsi
February 22nd, 2013, 12:56 AM
I just drove past the pumps and they're up to "tree fiddy" ($3.50)again. it seems like just last week they were 2.70/gallon.

The summer blend cant be a whole dollar a gallon more expensive! This doesnt bode well for the high demand season this year.

http://www.theclause.org/wp-content/uploads/gas-prices-too-high.jpg

kennythedford
February 22nd, 2013, 01:46 AM
Feel blessed, gas here averages $3.79 , and thats at walmart one station i saw $3.86

Vernski
February 22nd, 2013, 02:54 AM
Two weeks ago here in N.Idaho it was $3.08 now it's back to post election prices this is all part of the change "O" was talkin bout...Vernski:D

Funky61
February 22nd, 2013, 04:18 AM
$4.30 in SoCal

BillT
February 22nd, 2013, 04:46 AM
Even Kerosene is up. I paid $4.09 a gallon the other day. Never paid that much ever before. Seems like it was .99 not that long ago.

Bill

Corts60
February 22nd, 2013, 05:13 AM
I'm paying about 3.79 here in Portland for diesel. Gas is a bit less.

FetchMeAPepsi
February 23rd, 2013, 12:11 AM
Yeah, it's getting so I put $20.00 in the tank now on a cheap run. I used to put $5.00. It's insane. No wonder the economy is in the dumper. No one can afford to drive to work and back!

I just hate to throw money in the tank when I could use it for something else.

Jeannie
February 24th, 2013, 08:45 PM
It is $3.79 here and going up every day.

GVDobler
February 24th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Our current leadership has no problem with over $5-6 bucks a gallon like overseas, so plan on $5 pretty soon.:-x

bigblockv6
February 24th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Prices will remain high under the present administration since this is the new "Obama brand gasoline"! Specially formulated by "Eco Marxists" for the fantasy world of green energy!

Kev UK
March 3rd, 2013, 11:34 AM
You guys should complain. :-x

Come over here to the UK and Europe, where I'm paying £1.40 sterling per LITRE! :eek:

For those of you who can't do the math on this, it works out at near enough eight dollars per US gallon. Now you know why most of us run diesels over here.

Corts60
March 3rd, 2013, 04:21 PM
Ouch Kev! Yeah, I wish we ran more diesels over here. It just makes the most sense. 30% more efficiency alone should be enough reason. I own three vehicles and two are diesel. My 35 year old full size Chevy truck gets 23 Mpg or 10 liters/100k to you.

George Bongert
March 4th, 2013, 02:34 AM
Hello all!

It's been a little while since I've chimed in here, so here comes my two cents worth. What's up with these high gas prices? As far as I'm concerned, they've gotten way out of hand. No reason why gasoline should be more than $1.75 a gallon at the most. Consider yourself lucky at $3.50 a gallon, if you can get it for that. In my neck of the woods, regular unleaded is at $3.76 a gallon, and up, depending on which city in Wisconsin you are visiting, and from what I've been reading in this forum, "Yes We Can" thank the current presidential administration and his EPA for these outrageous gas prices! And yes, these high gas prices will kill the tourism industry, as well as the economy! I don't do any more driving than I absolutely have to. Being on a fixed income, I simply can't afford it, and I'm wondering how those with a family to support, and all sort of other payments to make can afford it either.

FetchMeAPepsi
March 4th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Yeah its rough having a family of 6 and paying twice what i used to for gas. my oldest will be driving soon too so theres somthing to look forward to.
:eek:

Gonna put that off as long as I can.

George Bongert
March 5th, 2013, 01:38 AM
Hello there Fetch Me A Pepsi!

I gather your oldest child will soon be able to drive. Uh-yeah. I've been down that road as well, four times to be exact. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against being young, and getting your drivers license, I was there once myself. And back when I started driving, leaded regular gas was 28 cents a gallon, premium (Ethyl) was 30 cents a gallon. Of course, you weren't paid as much back then either, but your dollar seemed to go a lot further back then than it does today. I don't envy you your position of having to not only purchase gas for your youth to be able to drive, but the fact that auto insurance rates for a youthful driver are also expensive. But then, I'm probably not telling you something that you don't already know. It's just a shame that everything is so dog gone high priced these days, and it keeps getting worse instead of better!

Kev UK
March 10th, 2013, 07:41 PM
O My 35 year old full size Chevy truck gets 23 Mpg or 10 liters/100k to you.

Here's an oddity Corts. Despite the fact that us Brits buy our gas in litres, we still work our gas mileage in miles per gallon..... IMPERIAL gallons that is not those short measures you guys use! ;)

Those darn Eurocrats keep trying to send us metric but we're having none of it!

Our gallon is about 20% larger... one of the few occasions when we have something bigger than you guys! :D

One other thing. I know from visiting my sister in Ottawa that the price of gas varies according to what day of the week it is; I presume it's the same in the USA. That don't tend to happen over here although I wouldn't put it past some of the supermarket chains if they thought that they'd get away with it.