PDA

View Full Version : Website Donations dropped off.

6066gmcguy
March 27th, 2013, 05:50 AM
As I have not had any work now for three months, I'll have to rid myself of thing that bring nothing to the table, the website being one of those things, No Donation to the site this year mean I can no longer afford to keep it on line. whenit comes time to renew in the next month, I'll just have to let it go.

If you wish to see the website stay on line please send what you can.

Now to make it clear, the Website is ran by Me, Jolly. The forum by Jenny, this forum is in no way connected to the website by way of funding, so by clicking in the Donate button above you support this forum, which I have no problem with.

Top Support the Website you must go to the website and make a donation. use the link below in my sig.

Please Help support both the Furom and the Website.

Thanks!

Some how I edited my post and it reposted as a reply.

6066gmcguy
March 27th, 2013, 05:54 AM
As I have not had any work now for three months, I'll have to rid myself of thing that bring nothing to the table, the website being one of those things, No Donation to the site this year mean I can no longer afford to keep it on line. whenit comes time to renew in the next month, I'll just have to let it go.

If you wish to see the website stay on line please send what you can.

Now to make it clear, the Website is ran by Me, Jolly. The forum by Jenny, this forum is in no way connected to the website by way of funding, so by clicking in the Donate button above you support this forum, which I have no problem with.

Top Support the Website you must go to the website and make a donation. use the link below in my sig.

Please Help support both the Furom and the Website.

Thanks!

FetchMeAPepsi
March 27th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Jeannies donation breakdown said something like 50.00 a month was what it cost to keep it up. Maybe you can get her to host it too for cheap? When things get hard we need to help each other.

GMCNUT
March 27th, 2013, 02:56 PM
So, Jolly what is it costing monthly to maintain the site and how much would you need to say support it fully for like a year? I think if all the forum members knew a target to raise a years worth of funds for, then we would all join together and knock it out. We would want you to update every few days where we are towards that annual figure (if its a lot) so everyone gets a chance to help save the site. I am not even on here that much but the site is a historical preservation of GMC information that can be found nowhere else so we should all pitch in and save it. Let us all know what it costs to maintain monthly and annually and I will help rally everyone together to get donations in.

6066gmcguy
March 27th, 2013, 03:54 PM
It runs about $20 a month to keep online, and the yearly renewal cost are $100, there is nothing in the 6066 GMC PayPal account now. So keep it running for a year it would take about $350. Its not much but when your out of work it too much.

I'll be shutting down my home phone line which I need it to get online, I have ketp so I can get to the website for updates and so forth, we don't even have a phone hooked to it anymore, its only reason to be hooked to my house now is to have internet, it runs me about $100 a month. I live in an area in which there is no intenet service other then the local phone company.

In the past Donations have covered those two items, with the change to the forum run by Jeannie, I have only recived one $25 donation in Feburay, and 2 Dantions in January for $60.

If some one wanted to buy the website from me I would consitter selling it, contact me by PM for a price.

GMCNUT
March 28th, 2013, 02:39 AM
OK - so collectively the membership would need to generate 350.00 to keep it alive a whole year - so I guess I am effectively asking every member reading this thread to reply to this and state how much you can spare towards the $350.00 goal. Jolly is a week too long to give the membershio to add enough replies on here with stated support? If a week is good, then everyone just state what you can do, and when enough or everybody who can has spoken, I will tabulate what responses we have and if we are still short I will make up the balance myself. I personally think the site is definitely worth saving don't all of you? Please pledge your support on this thread and when we have enough pledges, we will get with Jolly to send the actual amounts we said we were good for - sound fair? Lets save the site! I will start with a pledge of 50.00 - only 6 more members with 50.00 each or a variety of members with smaller amounts could be all we need to reach the 350.00 needed! What can you offer?

6066gmcguy
March 28th, 2013, 04:48 AM
Today I got $80 in donations from two of the guys that have supported the site in the past. Thanks

I'll keep you posted as the Funding comes in nightly.

The money will just sit in the PayPal account tell needed each month, or when the domain comes up from renewal. I have it set up to auto pay each month, so as long as funds go in they are there to cover the cost.

More Good News, I landed a Job!!! I'll be fixin cars & trauck at Old School Auto and Garage in Kaysville Utah, so in a while when things even out with the new job and getting thins back on track at home, things don't look so bleak.

I have 100 GMC Toro-Flow Testimonials, I have scanned them in a pdf files, any one sending a donation of $25 or more will recived a few weeks, a CD with all the Testimonials in pdf, and the photos will also be in two sizes of jpg files.

FetchMeAPepsi
March 28th, 2013, 02:01 PM
I can pitch in $50 by nxt week

6066gmcguy
March 29th, 2013, 03:35 AM
Got another $25 last night after my last post.

Funky61
March 29th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Just donated $40 Jolly. Congrats on the New Job!

6066gmcguy
March 30th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Got another $70 including the $40 above.

Total so far ~ $145, so the site can live on for a few more months.

GMCNUT
March 30th, 2013, 02:38 PM
OK - this sounds good - after adding my 50.00 just now, Jolly has 195.00 in hand towards the overall needed goal of 350.00 to keep the site up for at least a whole year. If Fetchmeapepsi sends his 40.00 then we will be up to $235 and will only need a couple more guys to step up and donate to meet the remaining $ 115 Jolly needs!

Who is with us? These are lean times but even 10.00 is very appreciated!

6066gmcguy
March 31st, 2013, 02:30 PM
Picked up another $110 yesterday, including the $50 from GMCNUT.

Account is up to $274.33 after PayPal take a bite of each Donation.

GMCNUT
March 31st, 2013, 06:11 PM
What a supportive group - 274.00 already in hand after only a few days is AWESOME!!
Now we just need a couple more guys to pledge a little support and Jolly will have enough to keep the awesome 6066 site up and running for a whole year - just need 76.00 more dollars!

gmccollector
April 1st, 2013, 02:21 PM
Just sent in a donation yesterday, hope its what you needed. Jon

GMCnHD
April 1st, 2013, 10:40 PM
I get paid on the 5th, and can put in $25.

6066gmcguy
April 2nd, 2013, 04:09 AM
Got $126.00 more as of this reporting, the Account shows $396.08

Thanks every one for helping me keep this site on line.

Now If I chould get funding for a 6066 GMC Trucks Museum, that would be the bees knees eh.

GMCnHD
April 10th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Got sidetracked and just got the donation in. Keep up the good work!

6066gmcguy
April 11th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Recived it, Thanks.

jbgroby
April 12th, 2013, 01:30 PM
I'll shoot you mine next month Jolly, Dental bill as a *****, I'm gettting a new set of choppers.

6066gmcguy
April 12th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Picked up $85 yesterday. Thanks for the Support Every One.

Clarke
April 18th, 2013, 02:31 AM
Just donated $50.00 (ref transaction ID 11N898369E858430K). Now that taxes are over; had to pay in this year. :(

LEWISMATKIN
April 19th, 2013, 02:48 AM
Jolly, I just sent $30. tonight. I don't want to see the old sight die either.

donrm
April 20th, 2013, 02:53 AM
I have been a member for more than a year. The things that we learn from each others trials & errors,are very helpful to me & I'm sure to alot others.If not for this club,one example, I would never figured a Holley 500 would work on my 351E, and how I was able to change over to an electronic ignition.I have learned alot through this club.I donated only $5, but I thought if every member donated $1-$50 every dollar would help the club. PLEASE keep us up to date on donations. If the club needs more money to maintain,I am sure more members will donate,I myself will donate more if needed.You just can't buy the information
that is given to each other through this site!!!! Don Maurath 1966 GMC 8' fleetside Cincinnati, Ohio

Cayoterun
April 21st, 2013, 05:43 PM
I have been a member for more than a year. The things that we learn from each others trials & errors,are very helpful to me & I'm sure to alot others.If not for this club,one example, I would never figured a Holley 500 would work on my 351E, and how I was able to change over to an electronic ignition.I have learned alot through this club.I donated only $5, but I thought if every member donated $1-$50 every dollar would help the club. PLEASE keep us up to date on donations. If the club needs more money to maintain,I am sure more members will donate,I myself will donate more if needed.You just can't buy the information
that is given to each other through this site!!!! Don Maurath 1966 GMC 8' fleetside Cincinnati, Ohio

Good Post, Don:
I agree with you totally.
I have no idea what the cost of maintaining a website is, but if I read the right member count of 339, if all of us did the same as you, or a little more if we can. But, 339@$5 = $1695.
I'm sure that would help. All of us have given more than that for 1 service manual, then maybe didn't get the info we needed.

This is a great source, well run, and heaps of helpful input from members.
Let's all do our part.

Thanks,

Buffalo
May 30th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Just sent mine in, thanks for everything...keep up the good work

6066gmcguy
June 1st, 2013, 02:32 AM
Yes I seen that come through, Thanks For Your Support.