PDA

View Full Version : Interior colors for 1960 Pickup

tdeming
June 30th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Does anyone know the color codes for the 1960 pickup interior? I think the dash top is a flat grey and the rest of the interior is silver originally. Some one painted my interior all white sometime before I got it.

What color is the steering column? I have the original grey knobs, and I think it matches them.

Thanks,
Terry Deming
Livonia, MI
1960 1000 Fenderside.

jbgroby
June 30th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Terry,

I have a paint code from Diamont Brand that I used on my GMC that was computer shade matched. Although I asked the painted to add a touch more gloss than OEM, (Ease of cleaning) That shade of silver is dead on (see picture). The biggest issue we all face is the shading/fading of the paint after 49 years or so. The best we can hope for is to find a patch that has been out of the sunlight and do the best we can I used the interior of my glove box door

the code I have is Diamont WA7134/STD

tdeming
June 30th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Thanks. Did you paint the steering column?

Terry

jbgroby
June 30th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Yes I did it in the silver as well with the steering wheel in the dash grey

Clyde
July 1st, 2013, 01:34 PM
The top of the dash on my 1961 GMC 4WD Suburban is black, it does not look like it has been redone.

jbgroby
July 1st, 2013, 03:13 PM
The OEM is a flat dark grey (anti-glare). I did mine in a lighter shade semi-gloss.

Technically, the dash is supposed to have a flat finish. Tried to attach pictures, but getting data error message.