PDA

View Full Version : wire harness clips

drembo
July 9th, 2013, 04:46 AM
need suggestions for wire harness clips in the engine compartment. The original ones in my '66 fell apart while removing them to paint. Any tips or ideas for something that looks sort of original? I don't care if they aren't the same as what was in there.

FetchMeAPepsi
July 9th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Do you mean like this? My 1962 wires have these clips on them but they're not coated like these. Just steel and rust :lolflag:

http://www.classicchevy.com/chevy-engine-compartment-wiring-clip-1955-1957.html

drembo
July 9th, 2013, 05:43 AM
mine are sort of like a nylon cable tie with a tab attached that inserts into a hole in the inner fender. For $5 a pop, they must be very nice clips. Alas, I am too cheap for those.

jbgroby
July 9th, 2013, 11:36 AM
DO NOT BUY ANY, I just bought a box of 50, and I'll send you some. Send e a PM

Jake Groby
Louisiana

jbgroby
July 9th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Here is what I just bought, I have to use these to route the headlight wiring, hood lamp wiring and a few other wires. As you wrap your wires in the plating tape (low tack electrical tape) you wrap these with them and the tape covers up the white clip. You push the clip through the factory holes and she should look like the first picture.

Vernski
July 10th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Plastic cable ties are cheap an plentiful , use proper length and width, color of your choice..Vernski:whipit:

tdeming
July 11th, 2013, 01:10 AM
Jake,
Where did you get those "T" clips? They are the original looking clips, and I need some for my truck.
Thanks,
Terry

jbgroby
July 11th, 2013, 02:20 AM
Hi Terry,

I bought a box at www.clipsandfastners.com BUT I have a whole box I don't mind sharing, how many do you need?

Jake

Andice
July 12th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Jake: Good job! Nothing like doing it the right way.

tdeming
September 12th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Jake,
Where did you find these wire clips? I went to the site www.clipsand fasteners.com but I could not find them and don't know the correct name to search for them.

Thanks,
Terry