PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new windshield for my '63 stepside

BobC
September 6th, 2013, 01:27 AM
Well a friend of mine accidentally broke my windshield, so now I'm trying my hardest to find a NEW CLEAR windshield for my truck. I found one in Ontario, CA but it's made overseas (China I think) are they any good. The only other one I can find is Pilkington (tinted green only). Any help would be greatly appreciated, Bob in Northern California

BobC
September 7th, 2013, 01:08 AM
Well gained a lot of knowledge on the internet today. I seems if you wish to purchase a new windshield for your 1960-1963 GMC you have a choice of a green tinted one made by Pilkington of Ohio but actually made in Mexico. The cheapest place I have found one is here in Redding, CA for $200.00. Now if you wish a clear one as I have been hunting for, I have only found one source.... JR Distributing in Ontario, California. They get them from Taiwan and I'm not sure on the quality, but I think I will be ordering one from them. Now all your GMC catalogs if they offer clear windshields this is the company they get them from (I haven't found any other sources) Their price is $259.00 but they do not sell to private parties (I think). Just throwing this info. out there, if there is any thing else I should know pls reply.

FetchMeAPepsi
September 7th, 2013, 02:57 AM
All I could find was greenies too. I didn't know you could get clear ones.

Vernski
September 7th, 2013, 03:08 AM
Well gained a lot of knowledge on the internet today. I seems if you wish to purchase a new windshield for your 1960-1963 GMC you have a choice of a green tinted one made by Pilkington of Ohio but actually made in Mexico. The cheapest place I have found one is here in Redding, CA for $200.00. Now if you wish a clear one as I have been hunting for, I have only found one source.... JR Distributing in Ontario, California. They get them from Taiwan and I'm not sure on the quality, but I think I will be ordering one from them. Now all your GMC catalogs if they offer clear windshields this is the company they get them from (I haven't found any other sources) Their price is $259.00 but they do not sell to private parties (I think). Just throwing this info. out there, if there is any thing else I should know pls reply.
Here is another site I think you may have to call to get any info though..Vernski:lolflag:
http://account.autoglasshosting.com/nswizard/?zip=83858&year=1963&make=Chevrolet&mod

BobC
September 7th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Vernski, I tried to log onto the website you posted, but it wouldn't allow me access.....

Vernski
September 8th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Vernski, I tried to log onto the website you posted, but it wouldn't allow me access.....
Don't know what's happening with the address try this again.. Vernski:egyptian:
http://account.autoglasshosting.com/nswizard/?zip=83858&year=1963&make=Chevrolet&model=C+Series+Pickup&bodystyle=2+Door+Standard+Cab&_ob=WS&_os=&opening=WS&A=Q&acct=w2g

jbgroby
September 9th, 2013, 01:27 PM
that's $200 cheaper then the other guys.

Vernski
September 9th, 2013, 08:02 PM
that's $200 cheaper then the other guys.
Yeah can't beat the price only thing is if they are tinted or not, couldn't find any info on site you will have to call..Vernski:lolflag:

BobC
September 11th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Thanks Vernski, I called today and unfortunately they are only available in a green tint :( But they are a good price Hopefully my clear windshield should arrive Thursday......

BobC
October 5th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Super frustrated! This place in Ontario, CA must of gone belly up. I paid for a new windshield and after 2 weeks never received it, after repeated phone calls with no answer the credit card order was canceled through the credit card company. BUT I still need a clear windshield, even a used one, any help would be greatly appreciated for my 1960-1963 clear windshield.

Vernski
October 5th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Super frustrated! This place in Ontario, CA must of gone belly up. I paid for a new windshield and after 2 weeks never received it, after repeated phone calls with no answer the credit card order was canceled through the credit card company. BUT I still need a clear windshield, even a used one, any help would be greatly appreciated for my 1960-1963 clear windshield.

Sorry to hear of the problems getting the right windshield, you might watch the parts section on 60-66 Chev & GMC forums and possibly other parts forums. Keep Googling something may show up somewhere just don't give up..Vernski:goodluck:

BarryGMC
October 6th, 2013, 01:09 AM
I think shipping may be rough but I have a few good clear windshields. Barry

FetchMeAPepsi
October 6th, 2013, 03:41 AM
Have you tried a glass place? You can call a place that does windshields and ask them if they use a local supplier. If they do, ask them for the info because you need a custom windshield put together.

BobC
October 8th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Barry I'm interested in one of your windshields, let me know your price and some ideas on shipping. Are you in Spokane?

BobC
October 15th, 2013, 03:30 AM
Does anyone have a good windshield that they are willing to part with (1960-1963) not for free of course...

BobC
October 21st, 2013, 06:32 AM
Thanks for the outpouring of help on the private messages, between the last three messages that I got this weekend I should have one installed on my truck by this Friday, Thanks again, BobC Oh and Barry, sorry it didn't work out.