PDA

View Full Version : '66 Glovebox Door

mobrien699
October 28th, 2013, 01:56 AM
I just recently purchased a '66 GMC Suburban out of AZ (I live in IL). She is mostly all original from '66 and is in decent shape for her age. I have no interest in making her into a show truck, but will be restoring her into a weekend driver. I'm starting with the interior, specifically the dash. The glovebox box door has a simple knob that I would like to replace with a push-button lock. My question is; does anyone know if a template is available for locating the lock on the glovebox door? If not, would anyone be willing to assist me by providing reference dimensions?? ...or does anyone have an original glovebox door w/lock that they would be willing to sell??? Thanks in advance, Mike

bigblockv6
October 28th, 2013, 03:23 AM
A few years back installed the pushbutton lock on a 66 GMC, no template was necessary I just used a holesaw inserting the drill from the original hole from the inside of the door, it all work out well. The lock I used was from a 67-72 GMC glovebox door. I remember my father's 62 GMC had basically the same style of lock .

mobrien699
October 28th, 2013, 03:49 AM
Thanks for the reply! That is exactly what I was thinking, but I did not want to assume anything.