PDA

View Full Version : GMC Suburban body panels

Strud
November 6th, 2013, 11:42 PM
I have a 66 suburban that has a great frame/drive train but the body is in rough shape. Lots of good old fashion Minnesota rust. Does anyone know where I can get rocker panels, and are the fenders/inner fenders the same as the pickups?

After my 66 pickup is done, I am going to work on the suburban.

Thanks. Got me thinking about it seeing the posts on the suburban in Rapid City.

Strud

GMCDAC
November 7th, 2013, 12:29 AM
There is a Chevy Suburban of this era at the junkyard I go to in Rapid City. I might go out there this weekend again, and could look at the condition of the rockers. It sure seems likely to me that GMC pickup front clip parts should fit fine on a Sub.

Go down to the "Junkyard GMC's" thread on this general discussion forum to look at the 60-66 GMC pickup pictures.

Later---DAC

Strud
November 7th, 2013, 01:13 AM
that would be awesome. no hurry. I finally posted pics of my suburban on the album section titled Struds 66 Suburban.

Strud

GMCDAC
November 9th, 2013, 03:57 AM
Hi Scott, I have some other things that came up for tomorrow, and the yard will be closed Sunday and Monday for observance of Veteran's day so it will be at least a week yet before I can get back out there.

Later---DAC

Doug Crawford
Rapid City, SD

donrm
November 9th, 2013, 04:16 AM
I am 99% sure the front doghouse of a suburban is the same as a pick up doghouse. I am pretty sure the rockers will work as well. donrm cinti oh 351 E 1966 gmc fletside

Strud
November 10th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Thanks. Like I said no hurry. When
Ever it fits your schedule. These projects are very patient.
Especially mine..... :0)

GMCDAC
November 14th, 2013, 03:00 AM
Thanks. Like I said no hurry. When
Ever it fits your schedule. These projects are very patient.
Especially mine..... :0)

Yeah Strud, yours and my projects have patience in common!-LOL The weather sounds half ways decent for Saturday so it may be a good day to go out there.

Later---DAC

Foley
November 14th, 2013, 04:34 AM
ok. help me out here. What is a "front doghouse"?

Funky61
November 14th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Foley Re: GMC Suburban body panels

ok. help me out here. What is a "front doghouse"?

Hey Foley,
It's when you take the front clip off and have a place for Woofers to hang out in till your ready to reassemble. :lolflag:

Foley
November 14th, 2013, 02:22 PM
O.K., yup, got it now. Umm tks.

GMCDAC
November 14th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Hey Foley,
It's when you take the front clip off and have a place for Woofers to hang out in till your ready to reassemble. :lolflag:

And a very nice doghouse I might add!

Later---DAC

GMCDAC
November 19th, 2013, 03:43 AM
that would be awesome. no hurry. I finally posted pics of my suburban on the album section titled Struds 66 Suburban.

Strud

Your Suburban looks pretty darn nice in those pics! The Chevy at the yard is pretty rough on the rockers. Even if they were nice I would have to do the cutting and fire protection in the grass and surrounding vehicles and a wheelbarrow is all they allow down into that part of the yard for customers.
Kinda scary, they moved in another crusher down into this part of the yard. It is visible through the windshield of this '58 or '59 GMC :-(=

Sorry I couldn't help---DAC