PDA

View Full Version : question please???? power steering pump

705jmguy
February 11th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Hello everyone

Has anyone ever used the 50's Delco generator power steering combo to power integral early 70's power steering box

Want to install this set up on my 62 V6 as can not find original power steering brackets anywhere

Another question please? anyone know what pressure the pump on the generator put out, vrs regular power steering pump

All replies sincerely appreciated JM

GMCNUT
February 11th, 2014, 08:06 PM
correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the generator on the Right side of the V6 vs Left side on a Chevrolet V8? You would have some incredibly long power steering hoses to deal with running them from the Right side of the engine to the left side where they would meet the steering sector. No offense, but you have not looked hard enough for the correct PS pump and brackets off a V6 yet to be so desperate as to look at the archaic 50's generator driven pump option. There was a member on this very board not more than a week or two back looking to sell the correct pullys and PS pump / brackets....they are out there, and easy enough to get - will solve all your problems if you just use an original made for the left side of the V6....that's my two cents anyway :)