PDA

View Full Version : 1966 gmc swb build link kieth

kieth
March 20th, 2014, 09:23 PM
My 66 GMC now has 14,000 miles on it after doing a frame off resto mod build. Stock Body, Stock interior, but updated brakes, engine, transmission......Here is a link to that build. Enjoy: Kieth Tulsa, Oklahoma
:thumbsup:

500 or so pictures::ahhhh:

<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br>

reefrunnerlarry
March 21st, 2014, 07:22 PM
Hello Kieth,
Just wondering where did you get your fuel tank from. I like the idea of putting it underneath like that.
Thanks
Larry

FetchMeAPepsi
March 22nd, 2014, 05:22 PM
trying to post it here lets see if it works. <br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br>

kieth
March 24th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Hello Kieth,
Just wondering where did you get your fuel tank from. I like the idea of putting it underneath like that.
Thanks
Larry

Got if from classic truck parts, made for a 84 blazer I think, later changed the tank to in tank tbi fuel pump (burnt up 4 inline electric fuel pumps before wising up) tank kit around $200.00 :thumbsup:

aphaynes
March 24th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Got if from classic truck parts, made for a 84 blazer I think, later changed the tank to in tank tbi fuel pump (burnt up 4 inline electric fuel pumps before wising up) tank kit around $200.00 :thumbsup:

Is that similar to this one at LMC for $199? Rear Mount Tank (<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br>)

Does yours come through the bed or off to the side somewhere?

kieth
March 24th, 2014, 07:37 PM
Is that similar to this one at LMC for $199? Rear Mount Tank (<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br>)

Does yours come through the bed or off to the side somewhere?

MINE WAS LIKE THE #2 TANK AT LMC AND WAS SUPPOSED TO EXIT FROM THE DRIVERS SIDE, WE CUT THAT OUT AND FILLED IT IN AND MADE IT FILL FROM THE TOP..........KIETH :woo:

aphaynes
March 24th, 2014, 09:29 PM
MINE WAS LIKE THE #2 TANK AT LMC AND WAS SUPPOSED TO EXIT FROM THE DRIVERS SIDE, WE CUT THAT OUT AND FILLED IT IN AND MADE IT FILL FROM THE TOP..........KIETH :woo:

Cool. Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

kieth
March 25th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Cool. Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

Here is the tank after moving the filler to the top rear passenger side (so it would hit center of the wood floor:
<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br>

Filler cover in the floor of the bed:

All installed: