PDA

View Full Version : Stock wheels 8-Lug?

Larry
March 26th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Morning,

New guy with a 65 K15 4x4. Wondering about stock rims. What size would they have been? Oh and while I'm asking, is my truck a 3/4ton or 1ton (vin ends in B)?

kieth
March 27th, 2014, 02:08 PM
The gvw tag should tell you, if it is 8000gvw then it is a 3/4, 10,000gvw 1ton does it have dual rear wheels ? if so its a 1 ton

Larry
March 27th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Hey thanks for the quick reply. No it is single rear wheel and I believe 8000 so 3/4 ton. Thanks again! Now to find some rims!

sodly
March 28th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Got any pics? There are specific wheels that belong on that truck, although I'm not an expert on the subject. Possibly two piece wheels.

quest
March 28th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Morning,

New guy with a 65 K15 4x4. Wondering about stock rims. What size would they have been? Oh and while I'm asking, is my truck a 3/4ton or 1ton (vin ends in B)?

Over the years they have changed those designation numbers. My truck is a Canadian model 65 GMC 4x4 and with the K20 designation from the factory. I ordered the GM vintage vehicle spec sheet for my truck to get the factory info on it. I know that GM offers that service in the USA as well maybe you would be able get that for your truck.

Oh BTW my truck came from the factory with 19.5 x 5.25 rims and the owner before me took them off the truck and threw them in the dump because he didn't want to pay higher price for the the larger tires so he put put on crappy steel 16's

I'm not sure of how to contact GM vintage vehicle services in the US but if you contact the Canadian office maybe they have that info. Here is the site, or maybe someone on here has already done that and they can post it:

http://www.vintagevehicleservices.com/options.html