PDA

View Full Version : Rear Drum Stuck adjuster frozen

Schroer1962v3000Dump
April 30th, 2014, 05:21 PM
I Replaced both sets of brakes last month along with rebuilding front wheel cylinders. The Wheel kits I purchased for the rear where incorrect so I tried honing and rebuilt rest of braking system. Lasted maybe two days before one of the passenger rear wheel cylinder flooded the drum. I have tracked down new replacement wheel cylinders for the 4000 series that seem to be a match. For some who don't know there are two sets of wheel cylinders per wheel and two Brake Adjusters per wheel for the rear.
Now to get to the Crazy...:ahhhh:.. one of the adjusters will not move !!!!! WD 40 soaked Super large standard screw driver the same one I used last month to a cold chisel which broke off one ear of the adjuster. Tried both loosening and tighting. The Drums where in Excellent Condition but there was a small wear line even with the other adjuster completely turned down the drum is not moving...

I have in the past on a 63 burb used the opposite wheel drum for a puller but I was 16 then and have had a few Beers since then plus these are massive drums

Any Help or Ideas would be Greatly Appreciated

Ps: Trying to avoid pulling Axle

FetchMeAPepsi
May 6th, 2014, 01:33 AM
Could you snap a few pics? I haven't messed with my adjusters yet but I (and this may be useless information) watched my dad adjust a 1980's truck drums by removing the brakes then adjuster altogether then turning it by hand once it's out.

Schroer1962v3000Dump
May 8th, 2014, 12:12 AM
I will get some picks as soon as I can get back to workn on it the high heat here has got me running more water tanks for livestock Thanks for the help thou