PDA

View Full Version : 1966 C-1000 Done

Quigley
June 29th, 2014, 11:00 PM
:crazyyippee: Finally finished my 66 C-1000 long bed fleetside. 305E V6 Powerglide with power steering,brakes and Dana44 with 3:07 gears. Frame off resto and replaced or rebuilt everything.Pretty near stock,but as Frank sang I did it my way. I Had to have Air cond, so I installed Vintage air which works GREAT with both heat and cooling. Made it to one car show and won pickup class and best in show! Thanks to everyone on this site, for the info. Here are some pictures.

Funky61
June 29th, 2014, 11:58 PM
Congratulations Quigley! It looks AWESOME. :thumbsup:

GMCDAC
June 30th, 2014, 05:08 AM
Beautiful GMC! Thanks for those pics. Nothing wrong at all for doing it your way! I am trying to save up for Vintage Air for one of my GMCs. I have never heard a bad thing about that company.

DAC

GMCNUT
June 30th, 2014, 03:22 PM
I love it. Great color choice too. Who rechromed and re-striped your guage cluster bezel?

GMCNUT
June 30th, 2014, 03:26 PM
another question: did Vintage Air have that V6 engine compressor bracket available or did you have to fabricate that?

Quigley
July 4th, 2014, 02:44 AM
The dash panel was redone by Chrome Tech USA in Madison.Wi. On the air cond bracket it is Vintage Airs bracket for small block Chevy that was modified. The bracket is stationary and shares a common belt with the power steering and uses it for adjustment. Seems to work well. Hope that is helpful. :signthankspin: Dave

6066gmcguy
July 4th, 2014, 02:46 AM
Vary Nice Work. Great looking truck.

turbohounds
July 27th, 2014, 02:49 PM
Your truck is stunning - I hope one day ours looks this nice. I love the color!

Foley
July 27th, 2014, 05:11 PM
Really nicely done Mr. Quigley! I can see about a thousand hundred hours of work in that project. Love the color and I can easily see that you have a great eye for details. It looks from the pictures that them dogs are pretty happy with the project tooo!

Foley,
Greenwood, CA

aphaynes
July 29th, 2014, 07:37 PM
:iagree::getrdone2::goodjob:
Whew! I have a million hours to go to get mine to that point! :lol: Nice work!

Quigley
July 30th, 2014, 12:47 AM
Thank you very much for the kind words! I was very blessed to have the resources and energy to get this truck the way I wanted it. To be honest I started out to just have a decent old truck for me and my dogs. Kind of got carried away. I guess the dogs will have to be happy riding in my car.:lolsmack2: This forum is a real help for anybody trying to fix up or keep a GMC on the road. A couple more pictures,before and during.