PDA

View Full Version : 1966 c20

Pages : 1 [2]

ron david
August 10th, 2015, 04:56 AM
perhaps you have someone around with what they use to call a Mexican credit card.
ron

Hantke
August 10th, 2015, 05:07 AM
Ron, that was my first thought, maybe they were prying off the locking gas cap, but the last time I drove out to my buddies farm and parked it by the house and it still happened, so now it's happened in 3 different places

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ron david
August 10th, 2015, 05:56 AM
how is your oil level in the engine?. if there is nothing on the ground. did you check your fuel lines under running condition,
ron

Hantke
August 10th, 2015, 02:12 PM
Oil level is about full, none of the fuel lines leak while running, or after turning it off, I've never found an area where gas is leaking out. I've replaced the soft fuel lines just in case and the cab doesn't smell like gas either, this one has me completely stumped. The last time I drove it I got out and pinched the fuel line until the draining sound went away and it didn't run out of fuel after sitting. Though I did only run it for about 3 minutes to move it.

Hantke
January 13th, 2016, 12:29 AM
After getting the filter filled with fuel it ran fine, been driving it off and on with no issues since.
Began doing body work the other day!
Here's the finished cowl held in place for a color comparison:
<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br>
And the front fender after sanding and fixing some holes:
<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br>
And here sitting laid out to dry:
I found a good one of the original color finally:
And I burned a section to layer all the original colors, kind of a cool one!

FetchMeAPepsi
January 13th, 2016, 01:24 AM
Looks great! You could almost swim in that sucker. I hope Cecilia turns out half as shiny :)

:cheers:

Hantke
January 13th, 2016, 05:07 AM
Thanks! It's definitely not top-notch, mostly oriented to protect from any future rust, I opted to leave the dents and dings in the metal to represent that at the end of the day she's still an old farm truck that's been worked hard and played hard!
I'm currently debating between finding a whole new bed, or making her a flatbed, the bed is beyond repair monetarily, would be cheaper to just replace it. But I think she would be a great looking flatbed!

You'd be suprised what you can do with rattle cans, I have a D/A, sand paper, tack cloth, and rattle cans! Also very suprised at the quality of finish from a paint job done in 30 degree weather. If you want a cheap shiny durable paint job opt for a high gloss enamel and do it a few layers thick, then clear coat if desired

GMCDAC
January 14th, 2016, 03:34 AM
Looks like it will serve the purpose great Hantke! I don't mind some of the trucks history being represented and preserved for the future. Restored trucks are needed to show what was available brand new and survivor trucks are needed to show how they lived and were used. The pic is the dash in my '55 GMC. The satin black is Krylon spray bombs and the blue-green and ivory is brush-painted with One-Shot sign paint.

Thanks for the update---DAC

Hantke
January 14th, 2016, 03:41 AM
This one is so beaten broken and scarred it would cost more to restore it proper than to buy a restored truck unfortunately, but it will most likely live a life of ease as a cruiser down by the coast after it's been completely coated in enamel and / or rubberized coating on the frame. I intend on doing a frame off some day when I'm not a broke college kid.

I like your dash!

bigblockv6
January 14th, 2016, 05:46 AM
Looks like it will serve the purpose great Hantke! I don't mind some of the trucks history being represented and preserved for the future. Restored trucks are needed to show what was available brand new and survivor trucks are needed to show how they lived and were used. The pic is the dash in my '55 GMC. The satin black is Krylon spray bombs and the blue-green and ivory is brush-painted with One-Shot sign paint.

Thanks for the update---DAC

Original factory clock in the 55, that's a rare piece:thumbsup:

GMCDAC
January 15th, 2016, 01:26 AM
This one is so beaten broken and scarred it would cost more to restore it proper than to buy a restored truck unfortunately, but it will most likely live a life of ease as a cruiser down by the coast after it's been completely coated in enamel and / or rubberized coating on the frame. I intend on doing a frame off some day when I'm not a broke college kid.

I like your dash!

Thanks Hantke, I understand completely about the cost of restoration VS just fix 'em up and drive for enjoyment/work. My GMC's are in the same boat. We won an "Ugly Truck" parade and contest with the '55 last September up by Mt. Rushmore. Hundred dollar paycheck and a custom "Ugly Truck trophy" (which coincidentally is an AD era GMC) so I don't mind it being called ugly one bit!

You are doing real well on it for being a poor college student! Keep the updates coming.

Original factory clock in the 55, that's a rare piece:thumbsup:

I appreciate the comment, BigBlockV6. I traded a custom wall clock I made for this clock. This may be for a '56 model year as the manufacture date printed on it says Aug. 55. It looks nice but doesn't work so I just set it at 5 o'clock in honor of a Jimmy Buffet song!

DAC