PDA

View Full Version : Cayoterun's new folly--GMC/Chevy bus

Cayoterun
January 14th, 2015, 03:23 AM
An introduction of another possible project. A little off the beaten path, but this is an interesting old bus. I found it in a farmers junk at his estate sale. Being a lover of all old iron, it caught my attention and didn't want to see it go to the crusher. It at some time in it's past had been converted to a motorhome. The work looks as if it was done by professionals in it's usable life. It was hard to track down it's make and model as no title, data plates, serial#s, etc. could be found. It's built like a tank, about as heavy, and all bolt together construction.
It had a chevrolet name plate on the front grille at the sale, but had been removed by the time I picked it up the next day. The engine is missing, but all else seems in good restorable condition with minimum rust. All steel body.
With the help of others on a Chevy site I'm a member, it was determined to be built by Wayne bus bodies in Indiana.
It was designed by a Mr. Gemmer for Wayne Bodies in 1938. Design was called the "Full Forward Control Conversion". The bodies were designed to be used on multiple makes of running gears.
They even had "fender skirts"---both front and back.

<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br>

Scroll down a good ways in the history pics to find this bus with history and details on the link. Interesting read.

I'm watching for a low mileage 70s Chevy/GMC farm grain truck to use the chassis and running gear under it to get the later model suspension. Use a V-8, 4sp/w2spd differential.-----No V-12 this time, darn-it!

I'll do my best to find a GMC truck and title it as a GMC.
Mods, if this is permissible here, I'll try to keep a build thread running if/when I get started on it.

Wish me Luck, as I'll need all I can get.

FetchMeAPepsi
January 14th, 2015, 03:32 AM
SuhhhhWEET!

Coyote you never slow down, do ya buddy! That is a very cool old bus and with that history? All the better! I can't wait to see the swap.

Do you have more pics?

Cayoterun
January 14th, 2015, 04:00 AM
SuhhhhWEET!

Coyote you never slow down, do ya buddy! That is a very cool old bus and with that history? All the better! I can't wait to see the swap.

Do you have more pics?

Hey, Fetch:
At my age, it's sure a folly for me to embark on another project this extensive, but it'll keep me pacified 'til I'm sentenced to the "rockin' chair" and soap operas.
Chime in with some input as we tackle this journey, and I'll post more pic now and then. Interior looks as bad as exterior, but can be used as patterns for rebuild.
When we get it running, you can take the Red Head, Powder Puff, and The Boy on a cross country journey.---deal?

FetchMeAPepsi
January 14th, 2015, 07:49 PM
Sounds like a plan to me! They'd get a kick out of it, especially the Powder Puff. She's my old iron girl lol.

I don't know what you're talking about with the rocking chair, George ;)

<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br> (<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br>)

GMCDAC
January 15th, 2015, 03:20 AM
Great to hear from you and see your new project, Coyoterun! I'm not a mod here but this "other rides and projects" section sounds like the right place! I dig the old bus and am looking forward to seeing your direction with it!

DAC

abus319
January 15th, 2015, 03:04 PM
Now that looks like a PROJECT... I wish I/we had a 70's truck to offer you but don't have anything that new. You can have the 60, 3000 chassis if you want it. The frame was sectioned at some point, but it has torsion suspension.
I don't think I will ever get around to restoring it and its just sitting around rusting.

Cayoterun
January 15th, 2015, 06:13 PM
Now that looks like a PROJECT... I wish I/we had a 70's truck to offer you but don't have anything that new. You can have the 60, 3000 chassis if you want it. The frame was sectioned at some point, but it has torsion suspension.
I don't think I will ever get around to restoring it and its just sitting around rusting.

I expected to have to stretch the frame on anything I might find. This bus body is 25' overall, and wheelbase of 192" (16'+-), unless I found something that long by chance. I've helped change wheelbases in the past, so could do it here in our shop.
Would the GVW on the 3000 be the same/near a C30 Chevy? I have a '78 C30 and it's GVW is about 10,000#. I need to weigh this and see what I need.

I'll shoot you a pm with more questions

abus319
January 16th, 2015, 04:00 PM
OOOps, wrong truck,its a 3500 not a 3000. If I remember correctly it is around 15-16k I will check the data plate and measure the wheelbase this afternoon.

Cayoterun
January 17th, 2015, 03:13 AM
OOOps, wrong truck,its a 3500 not a 3000. If I remember correctly it is around 15-16k I will check the data plate and measure the wheelbase this afternoon.

Howard: The bottom of this bus is as flat as a pancake, from front to back. I went out to Aris Anderson's and he's got several different make junk trucks out there looking at the frames. From 1 tons up, the frames were flat on top over the rear axles and springs, but some had humps up over the front axles, too.

If your around the truck, would you mind looking under it, and see if the frame has the hump up over the front suspension, and a guesstimate how high. above the flat part from there back?

On the 1 tons, they had humps over both axles.
Thanks, Marvin

We had 50s temps, sunshine, and no wind today, so got out and enjoyed it.
Don't go to any trouble on this, as I don't know for sure, if I'll ever tackle this thing or not.

tommr
January 17th, 2015, 06:11 PM
Really neat piece. if rust isn't an issue you could consider just updating the existing chassis with a modern disc brake front axle and maybe even a disc brake dually rear. it would be neat to restablish the side windows even if you black them out or panel them over on the inside. there are a lot of RV conversions of our early Flxible bus with paneled over windows. it seems something is lost in the character when that is done. some side stainless would look great too. tom

Cayoterun
January 17th, 2015, 09:25 PM
Really neat piece. if rust isn't an issue you could consider just updating the existing chassis with a modern disc brake front axle and maybe even a disc brake dually rear. it would be neat to restablish the side windows even if you black them out or panel them over on the inside. there are a lot of RV conversions of our early Flxible bus with paneled over windows. it seems something is lost in the character when that is done. some side stainless would look great too. tom

Glad you chimed in, Tom:
Rust: So far, it seems to be as clean as it looks. I haven't found but just a few small rust-thrus anywhere, and they've been mainly in the entry way. I'm sure more will show up as I get all the old carpet, mats, etc. taken out.

Windows: I agree on that. The outside panels have been fitted well, pop-riveted in, and paneled over inside. It could be the glass is still intact between, maybe?? We'll find out when we strip the inside. All the side glasses roll up and down, and the handles are inset and flush with the wall inside. All the glass is flat, so that's a plus for replacement, and the windshield frames are bolted in, so should be easy to remove after a lot of WD40 soaking, then probably half twisted off, but easy to replace.

Drive-line: It's all there except motor/radiator. One thing caught my eye was the 2spd rear-end. It shifts manually. It has a stick for the driver, and a rod that runs almost to the rear-end, then a flexible cable to allow spring travel of the rearend. I've considered putting a Chevy 292 6 in it. I've worked with a lot of 292s on small irrigation wells, and in imo, they're the toughest small motor I've ever been around. With 7 main bearings, those things would run forever. Wish I knew some history on tranny and rear-end condition and how much rust and corrosion had built up in all the years of non-use, and maintenance. The old steering gear box sure has a lot of play in it.
Trim: It has a good "belt-line" now stamped in the metal to dress up.

Abus319 has sure added some good food for thought by offering his '60 GMC 3500 for a donor. That would make a cool upgrade from the 40s with a V6. Tagged and titled as a '60 GMC 3500 "Motorhome". I'll bet that would attract some attention, visiters, and questions around a lake campground.

I have '47 Chevy 2 ton donor truck here I used on the '46 V12 pu, and a lot of parts off it will inter-change with the frame of this. So I think we have the years pretty well pin-pointed from early-mid '40s.

tommr
January 18th, 2015, 01:19 AM
wish I was closer to see this. it may be a lot of sectioning to get a different frame under it if you want to keep the flat bottom. if the chassis siderails are exposed the bus will look odd. you may have to move the engine cradle around too. might screw up all the steering geometry if you need to move the cradle. the concept of sliding a rolling chassis under is appealing but there is often a lot of drawbacks. if you do go with a chassis you could accommodate the kickups thru the floor and design the interior layout around them. the kickups probably wouldn't affect standing height inside. the one thing I learned about working on big stuff is that they devour time like nothing else you've ever worked on. and funds as well. does that have a straight axle in the front now? imo opinion hanging axles and suspension (or a front frame section)under it will be much easier and whole lot less work than making the entire frame swap. love the 292 L6. you can title it in most states as specially constructed. just document everything. get your Bill Of Sale notarized too. the state will give you a VIN tag to attach or have you bring it to the State Police to be attached. looks like tons of fun there. you will have the only one that exists. tom

Cayoterun
January 18th, 2015, 03:40 AM
Tom: Good helpful comments:
Engine/Tranny Compartment: It's about 36"Wx48"L.
Under Floor: The horizontal floor supports are spaced about 2' apart front to back, that sits on the frame. Only thin belting material for pads. They have pre-drilled holes to accomodate different frame widths. It uses long 3/8 bolts, nuts on top in floor support flange, then a 2"Wx1/2" strap iron under the frame. When it's all tied to the frame, the frame and body is ridgid. The only flex it has is in the axle springs. The front axle is straight. It's a "primitive" old body, but simple and strong. The outer body skirts are about 12" down from floor level to hide frame/w gas tanks, etc hung on outside of frame. Skirts hide all that.
I looked at a '60s IHC 2ton truck, and it didn't have "kick-ups" on front or back.
I sure hope I can stick with matching chassis and driveline, so I'll know what parts to ask for, without very many mods. The only change I hope to change, if needed, is the length. (Longer or shorter), then fish-plate the cut.
Max headroom inside is only about 66". It's low.
Time consumption isn't a problem, and it's just something to get out the house, and play.
I like shop time much better than golf, bowling, fishing, or sitting in the coffee-shop telling lies with the other old loafers.
Money, I need to be careful, as it's not likely to ever return much even if it's ever finished. It's a big project for me, for sure.

Thanks

tommr
January 18th, 2015, 01:14 PM
The engine bay is pretty short at 48 inches. the stick tansmissions are built vertically and are short. 292 may not be an option unless the firewall can be moved. you may need 60+ inches if you are going auto. tom

Cayoterun
January 19th, 2015, 02:53 AM
The engine bay is pretty short at 48 inches. the stick tansmissions are built vertically and are short. 292 may not be an option unless the firewall can be moved. you may need 60+ inches if you are going auto. tom

Tom: You sure may be on to something, when you thought it might be better to use the existing drive line and frame. I did spend some time comparing and measuring today. Suddenly, the "aawwhaa" light came on.
The '47 Chevy grain truck I have looks like all mechanical components are the same. 2spd rear end shifts manually, too. Rear end housing springs and pads are the same. The whole nine yards. I know almost for sure that the grain truck won't have nearly as many miles as the bus.
The steering column shaft and tube on the trucks are longer, but the boxes look the same, so gears might swap, maybe?? Radiators and mounts look the same. The wheels and tires fit, and I can graft the vacuum brake booster over on the bus, too.
I may still have the speedometer out of it somewhere, and hope I can. It might show the approx. miles the truck had on it. I took the instrument panel out of the cab when I used it on the V12 project.
If this proves out, I'll have two trucks to rob from, radiators and all.
I would still plan to use a 292. It would have more umph than the old 216s or 235s, plus pressure oil system. There should be plenty of room for it by staying with the 4 spd. standard trannies.

It should pull the bus 50-60 mph without too much strain on it, Shouldn't it??
What do ya'll think?

I have no plans to do burn-outs for show and tell with it.
If this works out, it wouldn't reduce time and labor required, but would sure reduce the cost, plus having most of the stuff on hand helps a lot.

I believe I have titles for the donor trucks, too.

Soo, Next step is ripping old stuff in, out, and under the old bus, and getting down to the foundation. Lot's of vacuuming and pressure washing ahead.

This old dog that caught the car---bus--, may find a purpose for it, yet. Time will tell!

Thanks again to all for the helpful comments, and suggestions.

bigblockv6
January 19th, 2015, 03:02 AM
The 292 would definitely be better than the old 216 and 235, maybe consider running a 2bbl carb on it rather than a 1 bbl.

Cayoterun
January 19th, 2015, 04:15 AM
The 292 would definitely be better than the old 216 and 235, maybe consider running a 2bbl carb on it rather than a 1 bbl.

Bigblock:
We may talk about the 1 to two barrel carb. later as we go along. I've never made the swap. All I've ever worked on had natural gas carbs.
Thanks for posting that.

tommr
January 19th, 2015, 06:25 PM
marv you should check wheel track width as well. from the pics you may be able to go a little wider in the front. rear axles are best gauged by opening them up and taking a look. ive learned mileage means almost nothing on axles and manual gearboxes. pull the carrier and pinion and check all the bearings. check axle shafts. if you think its usable you can freshen as needed. one thing to consider is that when old stuff breaks replacement parts arent around--sometimes anywhere. you may want to consider a later (disc brake)axle assembly (front and rear)if you are planning on taking this far. I had the weep hole on our 401 waterpump heliarced closed because it was going to be 2 days before I could get one and we were 500 miles from home. welded the flywheel because a replacement did not exist anywhere. I love the Spicer 4 speed and I have it working like velvet. unfortunately its direct drive and top speed in 3rd is about 32 mph. 55mph is top speed. it puts the 401 at 2900 rpm. and it still need a flywheel. yanking it all for a 5 speed Allison with OD. at least I can get replacement parts for it if needed. at 48 inches im thinking that may have had some kind of industrial 4 cyl engine in it. 292 with a stick would be nice but I think it may all be too long--unless the firewall can be altered. not sure where stick handle would be but if you have to use remote shifting components forget about it. go automatic if that's the case. cobbling a remote shift tower, linkage, etc together is near impossible. you may want to think about later model components. being broken down and looking for parts sucks. I look at and listen to the 401 in our 47 Flx and love it. its got that whole old school thing going and its very capable at getting 20,000 lbs around the country but I know when it goes it will be hard to justify a rebuild esp with parts getting harder to find. at some point it will probably have an 8100 Vortec. best thing to do is to spend a lot of time measuring a lot of things. and remeasuring. I wouldn't spend any $ until you know what will work for sure. you can also find dimensional charts for engines and transmissions online. my approach would be 2 late model axles (or a rear axle and a front frame section)and a later engine with an automatic all hung on the original frame. finding a roller that will meet all your requirements may be impossible and your actual frame sounds pretty good. sheetmetal looks desert dry on that thing as well. any way to get a weight on that? it would be nice to know. tons of fun for sure. tom

Cayoterun
January 20th, 2015, 01:26 AM
I spent most of the day with the bus. Learn more each time I crawl around on/under it. I'm still impressed with the engineering they did back in the 30s and 40s. And it was all done with a slide rule, pencil and paper. Intelligent people who could think and do math.

In the pics. All the controls are mounted on the bus body, connected with linkages. Nothing is attached to the frame. Steering box included. The shift levers are interesting, as they're mounted on the body, but have linkages to the tranny. The gear shift is cut off short, with the shift linkage attached so tranny and linkage sits under a hump in the floor directly behind the engine cover.
The engine compartment is 36" from the tranny face to front motor mount crossmember. and has about 14" more for radiator/fan. It's 24" wide from front to back, and about 40" vertically. There is no firewall in the bus. The drivers feet are against the front skin.

If they ever had a head-on, and the driver survived, he could give an accurate account, as he'd be the first one there.

I hope the pics show what a long road is ahead and some of the construction.

abus319
January 20th, 2015, 04:08 AM
That does look like they did a pretty nice job on the conversion.
If its rare, I think Toms idea of exploring what you have and swapping out the brakes etc might be a good place to start. Heck put some airbags under it if you want a really nice ride.
As you know I am not a machinist but I think I am close to getting the lathe up and running so If you need something custom made I will help any way I can. Im not trying to talk you out of the 3500 chassis though, its yours it you want it.

FetchMeAPepsi
January 20th, 2015, 04:36 AM
I can't add anything useful but I really like the pics of the inside. The wood and seats look shot but you can use them as a pattern to replace them with new stuff. I know a good cabinet maker too that we can bounce ideas off of if you need. :thumbsup:

She's going to be a fun one, Coyote!

Cayoterun
January 20th, 2015, 05:40 AM
That does look like they did a pretty nice job on the conversion.
If its rare, I think Toms idea of exploring what you have and swapping out the brakes etc might be a good place to start. Heck put some airbags under it if you want a really nice ride.
As you know I am not a machinist but I think I am close to getting the lathe up and running so If you need something custom made I will help any way I can. Im not trying to talk you out of the 3500 chassis though, its yours it you want it.

Bus: Every project I start on. When I'm around it, I feel like I'm standing on the hub of a wagon wheel, and don't know which spoke to follow. I find my self looking down all of them playing which is the best, safest, parts availability, easiest, and cost. I'm at that stage on this right now.
I really appreciate any input, and suggestions others on site offers, as they make me think outside-my-little-box.

No, I don't feel your pushing the 3500 at all. It's a compliment that you've offered it, But darn sure nice I have it there as an option. Please don't let me ever interfere with anything you might decide to do with it in the future, tho.
Who knows, you might wake up some morning all ambitious and want to bring her back to her former glory stock.

It really grabbed my attention, when I realized that I had two parts trucks in the treasure pile already. I could get the running gear functional pretty cheap and reliable. then work on the interior which that's going to be a lengthy process alone, then if I wanted to update later, I had the option.
I will keep my eye out for a 292 around the rebuild shops here.

I don't ever see using it for a regular user, except maybe going to a local parade, Pioneer celebration, or campground within 50-75 miles now and then and would probably trailer it for that. I doubt I could ever convince my wife to go with me in the old flivver, either.

I decided today to focus on cleaning the remaining junk out of the inside. It would be good chance to really get acquainted with the old buggy, and play the "what if I---" down the spokes.

Cayoterun
January 20th, 2015, 06:07 AM
I can't add anything useful but I really like the pics of the inside. The wood and seats look shot but you can use them as a pattern to replace them with new stuff. I know a good cabinet maker too that we can bounce ideas off of if you need. :thumbsup:

She's going to be a fun one, Coyote!

I bet ya' can this time, Pep.
I'm at the same place with this body, as you were with Cecelia when you started, so I bet you learned some tricks we can use on this.
Don't forget the cabinet maker, we may need him. Thanks

abus319
January 21st, 2015, 01:59 AM
I might have a lead on a 292, I still working on it. Its a runner but pretty high mileage. It might be a good candidate considering your goals.
I am quite familiar with that spot on the hub! Sometimes I head down one spoke and end up on another or fall off the darn thing altogether.
So is there any kind of registry for this buss or have any idea how many are left?

tommr
January 21st, 2015, 02:09 AM
so you have the trans still in this. that solves that problem. wonder if there are #s or date codes on it. it may help you narrow down the year range of the rig. 292 would be cool. tom

Cayoterun
January 21st, 2015, 03:09 AM
I might have a lead on a 292, I still working on it. Its a runner but pretty high mileage. It might be a good candidate considering your goals.
I am quite familiar with that spot on the hub! Sometimes I head down one spoke and end up on another or fall off the darn thing altogether.
So is there any kind of registry for this buss or have any idea how many are left?

I'm sure we'll be up and down all the spokes on this deal, before it flys. LOL

I haven't looked for a registry or stats on the internet, yet. I was glad to get enough confirmation to know who the maker was, and approximate years they were built. I checked with DMV, and they gave me a contact# at DMV research dept. in OKC. to try trace back on the existing tag and last renewal date of '89. Maybe we can start trying to build some history on this and other buses like it.
I know it was owned by a "Lancaster School" in it's past from faded name on the side of it. No idea where.

Follow the trail on the 292. Runner sounds good at this stage. Known history on it would be good, too. Pump motor would be fine, unless it had been off the pump, out in the weather, and was stuck pretty bad. Then we might need to look at it closer.

I've spent the last two days on the bus cleaning the interior crud out, still a long ways to go, but keep hoping that somewhere down under the old paneling and rotted glued on carpet, I might find additional ID of some kind. A serial# would be great!

Thanks for your eyes and ears.

Cayoterun
January 21st, 2015, 05:16 AM
so you have the trans still in this. that solves that problem. wonder if there are #s or date codes on it. it may help you narrow down the year range of the rig. 292 would be cool. tom

Yes, The bus is almost complete, except the motor and radiator. It looks like the radiator off the 46 grain truck will fit. Tranny, drive shafts and all are still there. It's missing 2 taillights, gauges, and windshield wiper motors, are the only other stuff I've found.

Suppose to snow tonight, but I'll crawl under it, and see what I can find on the transmission, and differential housing when the weather is fit.

Thanks,

abus319
January 21st, 2015, 03:32 PM
The 292 is in a running 63 chevy work truck, that belongs to a friend. The truck sits on a mid model suburban 4wd chassis which is quite heavy. He rebuilt the engine several years ago when he lived in Colorado. It was built primarily for torque and longevity. The speedo stopped working long ago but he thinks it has well over 500k on it. I will call or pm you with details when I get them.

Cayoterun
January 31st, 2015, 10:25 PM
Bingo, Found the ones with the wheel covers

abus319
February 1st, 2015, 07:44 PM
Pretty cool! you going to fab up a set of wheel covers?
I finally got the 63 to the shop. It actually sounded better than I would've thought. No knocks or ticks that I can determine but it is pretty noisy. It obviously has vacuum leaks as well as exhaust leaks. I can probably machine theIntake down if needed. I will try to call you tomorrow and start it up for you so you can hear it run.

Cayoterun
February 1st, 2015, 08:59 PM
Pretty cool! you going to fab up a set of wheel covers?
I finally got the 63 to the shop. It actually sounded better than I would've thought. No knocks or ticks that I can determine but it is pretty noisy. It obviously has vacuum leaks as well as exhaust leaks. I can probably machine theIntake down if needed. I will try to call you tomorrow and start it up for you so you can hear it run.

Sounds Good to me: You have better ears than me, so what you think is good enough for me.
After making sure we have room for wheel clearance, We'd end up with wheel covers. I think they would help it look more "ol' timey".
292: As we've talked, the 292s still have lots of run time after most would think they were ready to retire. If we thought it would help, we might stick a set of bearings and rings in, and touch up the valves. A little smoke out the exhaust pipe from cylinder wear might add a little to the ugly look.
Transport: We could be heading that way later in the spring. We had our family Christmas this weekend, and daughter's mother-in-law from here would like to come to Waco, so we could make double use of a trip down.

Thanks for your help. Hope I can return it "down the road".

tommr
February 6th, 2015, 01:12 AM
Agreed. Those skirts really give it almost a Jetsens look. 292 is a great choice. Tom

abus319
February 18th, 2015, 01:59 PM
Cayote
I finally got one of my long term projects, the scissor lift, nearly complete and out of the shop. I have and the 63 in and have started pulling the 292. It shouldn't take long however we have company coming so sometime next week at the latest.
hh

Cayoterun
June 3rd, 2015, 08:37 PM
I hope this isn't a double post??

Santa Clause delivered early this year to my shop.
He delivered a running 292ci 6 to my shop yesterday from Austin, Tx. Sure looks purty sitting there. Maybe? by fall the old bus might roll out the door under her own power, since no one know's how long?? Hope to see what the old original drive-line is like. Maybe it will be good enough for occasional use. Next step, tag and title which could possibly be a challenge.

Cayoterun
June 3rd, 2015, 08:41 PM
Whoops! Forgot to thank Santa, he didn't have a red suit, but did have longish, white hair, (grin).

Thanks, Abus!!!

abus319
June 12th, 2015, 04:42 PM
Good to see you again and get caught up!!!
Santa hmm, Santa doesn't usually leave with more than he brought! Thanks for the milk and big ole cookie.. It bolted right up to the 478!:superhappy::superhappy:

I bought some stuff from Dicky while I was there, and will need to come back up with a trailer at some point. Let me know when your about to hang that motor and I will try and coordinate the two.
Good luck at the Tag agency.....

Cayoterun
July 19th, 2015, 08:22 PM
Agreed. Those skirts really give it almost a Jetsens look. 292 is a great choice. Tom

Tom:
Since you're a bus fan, I wondered about yours and others thoughts on this.
My intentions with this is get it running, tagged, and street legal. Bring the exterior up to being presentable, close to original, but not show quality, let the next guy do the finish cosmetics to their taste, when I'm finished "playing" with it. Redoing the inside pretty nice as a camper like it was. New paneling, cabinets, floor coverings, etc.

I'd like to know what would be best for outside appearance? The solid covers on some of the windows don't look original, and wondered if the window glass is still behind the covers and paneling in the bathroom, if it wouldn't look better by taking the outside covers off, and using window, or shower curtains inside, instead. I don't know what to do about the missing exterior rain deflectors that's been removed. I'd hope some sheet metal guy could fab new ones by using another one as a pattern.

I'm trying to draw my mental picture of where I could go with it and still keep the 30s-40s original exterior look.
Need other thoughts.

Whoops, Tom. Reread some of your posts, and saw your ideas. Good ones. (Another senior moment, here)

Thanks

FetchMeAPepsi
December 22nd, 2020, 02:57 PM
Hey Coyote (And Post!), how's this bus coming? You get any time on it this summer during quarantine?