PDA

View Full Version : 1960 GMC Factory Literature in glove Box

1960HDGMC
May 25th, 2015, 02:57 AM
Hello, I am trying to pool together a copy of each piece of literature that would have come with the new 1960 GMC gas powered trucks. If you have a copy of something that is not already here, please upload a copy of the cover. We should be able to build a complete list of all the "Original Paper" that these trucks left the dealership with. I will start the ball rolling with a copy of the covers of the 1960 GMC Operator Guide, 1960 Gasoline Engines Owner Protection Policy, 1960 GMC Gasoline Models Owner Guide and 1960 GMC Drivers Directory. These are all of the pieces of literature that I know of that were included with each new truck. If you know of others, please share them here .Thanks, GM

1960HDGMC
May 25th, 2015, 07:14 PM
Here are the Service Books that are specific to 1960 GMC trucks. There may be others, but these are all the ones I know of right now. If you have others, please add then here. Thank,GM

1960HDGMC
May 25th, 2015, 07:20 PM
This is the Sams Photofacts book that has the schematic and service information pertaining to the 1960 GMC AM Radio. Starting on page 49,it has 5 full pages of information. The UMS Bulletin has 6 pages of information. Between the two, you can know all there is to know about the 1960 GMC AM Radio.

1960HDGMC
May 25th, 2015, 08:06 PM
Here are the 1960 GMC Painting Regulations.

1960HDGMC
May 25th, 2015, 08:12 PM
Here is the 1960 GMC Flat Rate Manual. And the Motors Truck Repair Manual,13th Edition, released in 1960. It has a ton of information on the motors and trannies.

1960HDGMC
May 25th, 2015, 08:16 PM
Here are the 1960 GMC Dealer Factory Options Catalog, and the 1960 GMC Factory Options Price Sheet Flyer.

1960HDGMC
May 25th, 2015, 08:47 PM
What self respecting 1960 GMC truck would be caught without a 1960 Georgia Map, a 1960 GMC Matchbook and a 1960 GMC Lighter by Zippo?

Foley
May 25th, 2015, 09:09 PM
Very, very nice collection. Thanks for sharing all that stuff!

Foley

1960HDGMC
May 25th, 2015, 10:31 PM
Hey Foley, Thanks for the nice words. I have a hard copy of all the above, except for one. The first posting includes a cover of the 1960 GMC Owner Protection Policy. I believe that is the last piece of literature that came with my truck when new that I do not have. Please find me a copy, haha.

GMCDAC
May 26th, 2015, 03:39 AM
Very, very nice collection. Thanks for sharing all that stuff!

Foley

Hi Foley, hope all is well!

Hey Foley, Thanks for the nice words. I have a hard copy of all the above, except for one. The first posting includes a cover of the 1960 GMC Owner Protection Policy. I believe that is the last piece of literature that came with my truck when new that I do not have. Please find me a copy, haha.

Amazing collection Greg! On that last accessories page where it has the price list there is "flares, flags, fuses and sets of 3 reflector type? I have a set of reflector type from 55-59 GMC's. Wonder if the "Miro Flares" I have were the same in 1960?

The front of that truck on the dealer brochure from Bloomington, IL is the same yellow/white body color of the '60 from my childhood except white bumpers and grill.

i forgot to add about the Georgia road map--- my folks bought the '60 in Cheyenne, WY, and the first thing they did after we got established in Rapid City, SD was to head to Georgia to see Dad's family that summer--I'm babbling,---sorry!

Thanks for the walk back in to time, Greg!

DAC

1960HDGMC
May 26th, 2015, 03:55 AM
Hey DAC, Here is the page from the Options Catalog for 1960. Can you tell if they are the same. I would guess that they are. GMC carried over as much stuff as they could get away with. Makes sense too. Later, GM

1960HDGMC
May 26th, 2015, 04:01 AM
Hey DAC, That yellow /White GMC is actually on a pack of matches. The dealer must have had them printed up. There may be other such matchbooks with other trucks pictured. This is the only one I have run across so far. Later, GM

GMCDAC
May 27th, 2015, 04:05 AM
Hey DAC, Here is the page from the Options Catalog for 1960. Can you tell if they are the same. I would guess that they are. GMC carried over as much stuff as they could get away with. Makes sense too. Later, GM

Hey DAC, That yellow /White GMC is actually on a pack of matches. The dealer must have had them printed up. There may be other such matchbooks with other trucks pictured. This is the only one I have run across so far. Later, GM

Hi Greg, I ran across an options page for 1956 GMCs and ones like you pictured are on it as well as a different style which are what I have. Long story on them, I got them at a local u-pullit. Found them in the box of a '55.2 GMC I was robbing parts from for mine. Got them home, bead blasted and painted them before I knew they were a factory option! I probably would have left them as-is to match my truck better!-LOL! If I would have read the fine print and noticed the strike strip on the matchbook that would have explained things!

DAC