PDA

View Full Version : GMC magazine ads

GMCDAC
July 13th, 2015, 03:14 AM
We were recently in Denver, CO for a week visiting relatives. Visiting junk and thrift stores is part of our normal routine while in the "big city"!

I got these two old magazine ads at one of them, nicely mounted on poster board and wrapped with some kind of glossy plastic shrink-wrap film. Gotta find a couple frames to hang 'em in the shop!

The yellow GMC is marked Oct. 1963 on the back and the older one is 1947. I dig GMC's of all years so I had to get the post WWII one! Love the artwork with the Lightning fighter and and GMC's. Love the hand drawn artwork on all these types of ads actually!

Scored an old but new condition Craftsman cylinder ridge reamer for 10 bucks at one of the stores too!

DAC

Clarke
July 14th, 2015, 03:29 AM
Good to hear from you Doug... Thanks for sharing the ads. Carla and I took a two wheeler trip to Yellowstone earlier this month and I found this card in a gift shop... I couldn't believe it was actually a GMC.

PS- That's not how I tie my canoe down. At least on the highway. ��

6066gmcguy
July 14th, 2015, 03:50 AM
Nice I want one, I guess I'll need to take a trip to Yellowstone.

GMCDAC
July 15th, 2015, 04:28 AM
Good to hear from you Doug... Thanks for sharing the ads. Carla and I took a two wheeler trip to Yellowstone earlier this month and I found this card in a gift shop... I couldn't believe it was actually a GMC.

PS- That's not how I tie my canoe down. At least on the highway. ��

How cool is that David, thank you too for posting! Hope you and Carla are doing well!

I like that GMC artwork! The truck has some rust, later model mirrors and looks like later hubcaps. I think whoever drew it may be a GMC driver, to make it "not perfect" or new looking! That canoe tiedown ain't perfect niether---LOL!

Great to hear from you too, tell Carla hi!

DAC

GMCDAC
August 28th, 2015, 03:38 AM
Ran across this ad on a facebook GMC site a couple nights ago.

DAC