PDA

View Full Version : My '63 "restoration"

Ancientx
July 30th, 2015, 08:35 PM
I'm not actually doin much. The engine has a spun crank bearing so it's being replaced. (Motor parts for sale soon.) A busted shock mount needs replaced in the back.
Mainly what's happening is a lot of cleanup of surface rust and repainting.

Hopefully I can post pics.... I'm not too tech savvy. :thumbsup:

Ancientx
July 30th, 2015, 09:22 PM
Seems my laptop, or operator error, won't upload to Google Pics. *sigh*

I'll have to figure this out later. grr

TJ's GMC
July 31st, 2015, 03:55 PM
What engine was in there that spun a bearing?

Ancientx
July 31st, 2015, 04:02 PM
A 305E. I picked up a low miles 305A and will be swapping over the intake/carb. But the rest of the original motor I'll be parting out.

MrCos
August 1st, 2015, 02:15 PM
by any chance does it have a double pulley? and if so will you be keeping it?
M

Ancientx
August 1st, 2015, 08:05 PM
Are you talking about the crank pulley? If so, I don't believe either motor has one. Sorry.

Ancientx
August 1st, 2015, 10:53 PM
I need to search my computer for a pic of "Happy Truck" before I pulled the front clip. I did this for two reasons: 1st, I figured if I was goin to do this "right" it would be far easier to get to everything this way. 2nd, I really didn't want something going wrong when pulling the motor. I.e: smashing the radiator support/front grill area.

<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br>

Ancientx
August 1st, 2015, 10:54 PM
Holy cr@p. That's a way larger pic than I thought it'd be. LOL. Now to figure out how to resize my images. LOL

Ancientx
August 1st, 2015, 11:01 PM
<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br>

Ancientx
August 1st, 2015, 11:09 PM
Here's pre/post pressure washing pics of the front suspension.

And after:

Ancientx
August 1st, 2015, 11:48 PM
Here's some shot of how it looks under the bed area. I was really happy to find so little rust.

MrCos
August 2nd, 2015, 01:11 AM
lookin good! more pics

Ancientx
August 2nd, 2015, 06:23 PM
Thanks. Will do. Most pig the pics I've gotten are a reassembly "manual". Lol!

Ancientx
August 3rd, 2015, 05:31 PM
Here's some pics from just before the motor went. I don't have anymore at the moment.