PDA

View Full Version : Heater core

GMCDAC
January 12th, 2016, 02:29 AM
Last fall a friend was tossing out a heater core from what he said was a '62 Chevy Suburban. He did have a sweet '62 K10 burb at one time. I don't let many old parts go to the dump so I grabbed it.

Would any of you know if this is from that truck and wether or not it also fits GMC? A span of years would be great to know also.

THIS IS NOT A FOR SALE POST! I just would like info for future reference since I hoard junk!

Any info will be appreciated!---DAC

GMCNUT
January 12th, 2016, 05:05 PM
I have never seen anything like that in my life, so no telling what is off of, but a 60-63 1/2 to 1 ton truck or suburban heater box wouldn't hold all that gadgetry I don't think. This is probably off something else I'd think

David R Leifheit
January 12th, 2016, 06:00 PM
Last fall a friend was tossing out a heater core from what he said was a '62 Chevy Suburban. He did have a sweet '62 K10 burb at one time. I don't let many old parts go to the dump so I grabbed it.

Would any of you know if this is from that truck and wether or not it also fits GMC? A span of years would be great to know also.

THIS IS NOT A FOR SALE POST! I just would like info for future reference since I hoard junk!

Any info will be appreciated!---DAC

That looks like a heater core alright.
Also looks like you have an extra valve assembly.
I don't recognize the two wires though, but then it has been years since I had such an assembly apart.

That should/would be from the deluxe heater.

dans63
January 13th, 2016, 12:02 AM
it looks the same as mine. i have a 63 1500 custom with the deluxe heater.

GMCDAC
January 13th, 2016, 01:05 AM
I have never seen anything like that in my life, so no telling what is off of, but a 60-63 1/2 to 1 ton truck or suburban heater box wouldn't hold all that gadgetry I don't think. This is probably off something else I'd think

That looks like a heater core alright.
Also looks like you have an extra valve assembly.
I don't recognize the two wires though, but then it has been years since I had such an assembly apart.

That should/would be from the deluxe heater.

Thanks guys, I should have given more detail and pics. First pic is the truck he said it came from. I remember it also had rear heat. He said that he was going to just replace the leaking valve assembly with the other one but then fell into a complete new unit so he never used this. He sold the truck 5 or 6 years ago.

Does this possible Chevy stuff fit GMC also?

DAC