PDA

View Full Version : Ed Snyder update

GMCDAC
July 12th, 2016, 12:15 AM
Hello 60-66 GMCers, I thought I would report that Ed and Sharon Snyder's trip to the Black Hills with their grand-daughter is going well. Sharon dropped Ed off at my shop this morning and we hung around together for 5 hours!

We took a 20 mile drive in the '55 GMC and then went to lunch in the '72 GMC. After Ed and I ate lunch I had to get him back to his hotel while there was a bit of time left in the day for them to do something with their grand-daughter!

I had a wonderful time talking with him and looking at a scrapbook he has of some of his V-6 powered GMC experiences. His Dad's custom panel is the most fascinating truck I've ever seen (in pictures) and has to haul so many good family memories much less all the folks it can transport!

I have had the fortune to get visits from Bob Currie (Foley), David and Carla Clarke (Clarke) and now Ed. Great folks and nice conversation. I owe you all a visit someday---

Here's Ed

DAC

Funky61
July 12th, 2016, 01:04 AM
Very nice update DAC!

Sounds like you both had a good time and shared some GMC memories.
I have also met Bob Currie (Tractors); and Ed as well; Both just Super individuals.
Hope you get that 60 Burb soon snd love that Pic, Keep on Trucking...

TJ's GMC
July 12th, 2016, 02:03 AM
Sounds like ya'all had a great time!
I met Ed a couple months ago as he lives around 1.5 hours from me. I had a great time checking out the one ton and his other trucks. Looking forward to being at a show with Ed soon. :thumbsup:

GMCDAC
July 12th, 2016, 02:29 AM
Very nice update DAC!

Sounds like you both had a good time and shared some GMC memories.
I have also met Bob Currie (Tractors); and Ed as well; Both just Super individuals.
Hope you get that 60 Burb soon snd love that Pic, Keep on Trucking...

Thank-you Funky61! Yeah even though I don't own a V-6 GMC it still the memory of the '60 when I was a kid still lingers. When Mom bought her own GMC after she became single she even found a yellow one. That '70 Jimmy is my primary project right now. Ed and Sharon had a '72 Jimmy for several years so he and I have that in common also. Incidentally I would settle for about any 60-66 GMC Burb someday but would still have to find an eyebrow hood to make me happy---LOL!

Sounds like ya'all had a great time!
I met Ed a couple months ago as he lives around 1.5 hours from me. I had a great time checking out the one ton and his other trucks. Looking forward to being at a show with Ed soon. :thumbsup:

Thank-you too, young man! It's nice to know some youngun's have an interest in this stuff! I envy you being able to check out Ed's stuff and having your own cool stuff at your age---your knowledge ain't half bad either---LOL!
Oh incidentally I did vote for "Crustine" again in that TOTM over on the "big city" site when the "anything but Chevy power" was the topic.

Ed spoke highly about both of you and looks forward to the next shows and meets to get together again with y'all. Wish we lived closer!

DAC

TJ's GMC
July 12th, 2016, 05:49 AM
Thank-you Funky61! Yeah even though I don't own a V-6 GMC it still the memory of the '60 when I was a kid still lingers. When Mom bought her own GMC after she became single she even found a yellow one. That '70 Jimmy is my primary project right now. Ed and Sharon had a '72 Jimmy for several years so he and I have that in common also. Incidentally I would settle for about any 60-66 GMC Burb someday but would still have to find an eyebrow hood to make me happy---LOL!

Thank-you too, young man! It's nice to know some youngun's have an interest in this stuff! I envy you being able to check out Ed's stuff and having your own cool stuff at your age---your knowledge ain't half bad either---LOL!
Oh incidentally I did vote for "Crustine" again in that TOTM over on the "big city" site when the "anything but Chevy power" was the topic.

Ed spoke highly about both of you and looks forward to the next shows and meets to get together again with y'all. Wish we lived closer!

DAC
Thanks for the vote! haha I wish I lived closer to several members...it would be neat to have a big get together one day though.

Ed Snyder
July 12th, 2016, 06:00 AM
Thanks for all the kind words, Doug, Tom, and Henry! You all are welcome at our place any time.

And thanks for the tour of your shop today, Doug. I wish I had your fabrication skills! And thanks for the rides in your trucks too!

Foley
July 12th, 2016, 10:52 PM
I'm glad you got to meet up with Ed. As you have found out, he is a good guy and very knowledgeable about collecting GMC equipment.

Foley