PDA

View Full Version : GMC V6 Ownership

bigblockv6
July 23rd, 2016, 10:51 PM
Well after nearly 16 years on this forum I been told by a very recently banned member that I have never own a GMC or a 478 V6 nor any other of the engines for that matter. This is all because I misspoke about 379 and 432 flywheels back in mid 2014. Since the 432 flywheel only came in the larger diameter that won't fit the light duty bellhousing and I thought it came both sizes, so that's why I was told it's not possible I have a 478. Well my 478 does not have a 379, 432 or 478 flywheel, I had a custom flywheel built by Tilton Engineering. I was also told I didn't have this truck because I never shared any info on it. Well I would have to say when the forum was on Jolly's site there was the Owners Gallery that I posted an abundant amount of pics of my 68 GMC. If anyone believes these rumors all you have to do is ask Rustynut(Dave Schlager) he has been at my house and seen my 68 478 powered original family owned truck:ahhhh: The pic at the very bottom was taken on the first weekend in November 1968, the truck was 8 months old.

Ed Snyder
July 24th, 2016, 03:42 AM
Well after nearly 16 years on this forum I been told by a very recently banned member that I have never own a GMC or a 478 V6. I was also told I didn't have this truck because I never shared any info on it. Well I would have to say when the forum was on Jolly's site there was the Owners Gallery that I posted an abundant amount of pics of my 68 GMC. The pic at the very bottom was taken on the first weekend in November 1968, the truck was 8 months old.

No one should have any doubt that your Dad bought this truck new, Pete, or that you're the second owner. Your truck's history is similar to the history of my '65 Suburban that my Dad bought new. Thanks for sharing the photos of your awesome GMC!

Funky61
July 24th, 2016, 04:44 AM
Ever since I joined on the Jolly 6066 GMC site (2005?) and now this great Forum, I too have read about and seen most of those photo's of his truck, 478 build and other rare V6/GMC items posted up by BigBlockV6 in several albums. BigBlock is the Go-to guy about these engines and GMC's.

TJ's GMC
July 24th, 2016, 06:12 AM
Remember seeing the pictures of your rig when I joined last year. :thumbsup:
To say someone doesn't have something because they make a small mistake in info is dumb. But, it's not like we're not used to it. Glad that's gone though. :signthankspin:

odin8183
July 24th, 2016, 08:46 PM
I'm an old timer who doesn't post much but this one criticizing Pete roused my ire.

Originally posted by BigblockV6---
"Well after nearly 16 years on this forum I been told by a very recently banned member that I have never own a GMC or a 478 V6 nor any other of the engines for that matter........"

After being in this forum almost as long as BigblockV6/Pete. I can remember seeing his truck many times. I have seen many pictures of the engine and it's modification. Much of the baseline data for this site came from Jolly's efforts supported with major, sustained contributions, especially on engines by owners like Pete. He was/is a major builder of this forum.
He has always been considered, by most of the owners, an authority on these trucks and their engines.
The fact that the criticizer is banned says volumes to us! It appears he should have never been a part of this forum.

Claude O'Tyson
Meridian, Idaho
1966 351E Owned for 32 years

6066gmcguy
July 25th, 2016, 02:09 PM
Back in January of 2000 when I stated the 6066 GMC Truck Club & Website, I knew vary little about these trucks, Both Pete & Ed were big helps in getting me pointed in the right dicretion. I know only that GMC had this Big V6 engine back in the 60s, as I use to have a 1962 Suburban with a 305, and the ranch had a 1960 that was cut up into hay equipment also had the Big V6. I had seen a few others, two with Plaid Rocker Covers.

If it was not for Pete & Ed, I mite not have found all info that I have posted over the years.

GMCDAC
July 26th, 2016, 03:39 AM
Pete, this is the last place on the net you should have been put in the position to prove you own that wonderful truck, and done the mods to it. The long-time family GMCs are so interesting! It's too bad a twice-banned member has to cause so many waves for no real reason other than ego. Post everything you can about this great GMC!

DAC

TJ's GMC
July 26th, 2016, 05:19 AM
Pete, this is the last place on the net you should have been put in the position to prove you own that wonderful truck, and done the mods to it. The long-time family GMCs are so interesting! It's too bad a twice-banned member has to cause so many waves for no real reason other than ego. Post everything you can about this great GMC!

DAC

Completely agree with this statement!

This member was nothing but trouble to this forum and I am glad he is finally gone. He posted Nothing of any help to the members here and if he Did, the trouble he caused far out weighed his helpfulness. People like him have no place on an awesome forum like this. We need people who welcome new ideas and are willing to experiment. Not people who judge and name call because they think they are something special when they are a worthless pos. Glad he is gone though and this forum can thrive and not have new members chased away because of a troll. :signthankspin:

bigblockv6
July 26th, 2016, 08:46 AM
[QUOTE=GMCDAC;62991]Pete, this is the last place on the net you should have been put in the position to prove you own that wonderful truck, and done the mods to it. The long-time family GMCs are so interesting! It's too bad a twice-banned member has to cause so many waves for no real reason other than ego. Post everything you can about this great GMC!

Yes this individual has an over inflated ego, basically a narcissist. Good riddance!:lolsmack2:

AZKen
August 29th, 2016, 01:00 AM
Everybody on here has an ego. Ego's are good. It's confidence. The so called "banned" person has great knowledge. Not look up on the net and guess knowledge, but hundreds of GMC parts that he and his family took apart, documented and shares with us. I see things in posts like "Generally the 305C will have the I beam style exhaust manifolds." a comment evidently pulled out of somewhere we won't mention because after the so called banned person corrected this comment, we get:
"Charon, after checking several parts books dating up to 1974 it does support that "all" 305 engines came with the same part number exhaust manifolds which would be the smooth type. Evidently if you see a 305C with I beam manifolds they were replaced some point." That post was almost taking credit for another banned persons correction. Is that an ego way of saying "you are right sir"? Ganging up on someone because they have to correct many posts is the wrong approach. Some people do get fed up.
As far as a 17 year old calling someone a "worthless pos," there was no response from moderator or anyone else. Listen kid, you have posted so much on here without knowing anything, you are treating this site as a kiddie chat room. Get a job, get out of your mom's basement and get some manners. This fellow, you bad mouth, saw you put a motor together with a broken piston ring, had a gouged bore, but you all have "banned" him into keeping silent.

Good riddance? really? :lolsmack2: really? very mature boys. Good luck.

bigblockv6
August 29th, 2016, 01:20 AM
As I recall Mr. Charon purposely asked to be banned and guaranteed himself that by saying derogatory statements. :lolsmack2:

AZKen
August 29th, 2016, 01:22 AM
I'm not discussing how or why. I'm discussing his value vs yours. This kind of derogatory statements? "Yes this individual has an over inflated ego, basically a narcissist." Yeah, get him while he's self extracted and gone to help elsewhere. Awesome.

Also:
There is no such thing as a 17 year old "Senior Member". Jacking up your post count with nonsense comments doesn't get it kid.
688 posts in 17 months. Joined at 16.

bigblockv6
August 29th, 2016, 01:58 AM
He was banned nearly a month and a half ago, this should have been water underneath the bridge by now, funny how only you would bring it up. If you've read some of the post prior to your response, you will see nobody praising Mr. Charon other than your own self!:poke:

TJ's GMC
August 29th, 2016, 02:45 AM
Everybody on here has an ego. Ego's are good. It's confidence. The so called "banned" person has great knowledge. Not look up on the net and guess knowledge, but hundreds of GMC parts that he and his family took apart, documented and shares with us. I see things in posts like "Generally the 305C will have the I beam style exhaust manifolds." a comment evidently pulled out of somewhere we won't mention because after the so called banned person corrected this comment, we get:
"Charon, after checking several parts books dating up to 1974 it does support that "all" 305 engines came with the same part number exhaust manifolds which would be the smooth type. Evidently if you see a 305C with I beam manifolds they were replaced some point." That post was almost taking credit for another banned persons correction. Is that an ego way of saying "you are right sir"? Ganging up on someone because they have to correct many posts is the wrong approach. Some people do get fed up.
As far as a 17 year old punk calling someone a "worthless pos," there was no response from moderator or anyone else. Listen kid, you have posted so much on here without knowing anything, you are treating this site as a kiddie chat room. Get a job, get out of your mom's basement and get some manners. This fellow, you bad mouth, saw you put a motor together with a broken piston ring, had a gouged bore, but you all have "banned" him into keeping silent.

Good riddance? really? :lolsmack2: really? very mature boys. Good luck.

For your info, I Have a job. I work 40 hours a week and 2 weekends a month as a mechanic. And that fellow your talking about did not see me put a motor together with a broken piston ring. Your pretty messed up in your theories there. I did the basics on this engine as I can't afford and don't have the TIME for a full rebuild. I'm not an egotistical rich guy like this banned member was who watched everyone do things for him while he sat behind a desk doing nothing. And where's your proof that his so called "perfect knowledge" was even close to true? Half his posts and threads were about bad mouthing members and degrading. How is that good knowledge? And your upset with me for defending Myself? WOW! And your saying I have posted so much on here without knowing anything? Answer me this...How do you know? I happen to own one of these and learned many things from this sight. Things that GOOD members like Ed, Pete, and Jolly has posted up through the years to HELP people like me who are interested in these v6's and want to have fun with modifications. Not sit and be degraded because we did something YOU don't agree with. And how many 17 year olds do you see doing this stuff now a days anyhow.....and actually know what they are doing? And I really liked Barry when he first came on, I took extreme interest in his turbo 305 build and asked that he show pictures. Next thing I get a PM from him telling me I am an idiot and I don't know squat about engines. Would you be friendly with a guy like that?

TJ's GMC
August 29th, 2016, 02:56 AM
And now I see Ken has edited his post to try and hide what he has said. Great on ya man. To ashamed to leave what you said? I never changed anything to Senior Member. That's just the way in goes when your post count increases. My age is clearly displayed for anyone that needs to see it so they can try and tell me how stupid I am because I am 17. 688 posts. Most of them QUESTIONS and Answers. And additions to my build thread. Happy now?

bigblockv6
August 29th, 2016, 03:01 AM
You tell em TJ!! :thumbsup:

David R Leifheit
August 29th, 2016, 03:10 AM
He was banned nearly a month and a half ago, this should have been water underneath the bridge by now, funny how only you would bring it up. If you've read some of the post prior to your response, you will see nobody praising Mr. Charon other than your own self!:poke:

Actually isn't this the second time he had been banned?

There is no doubt he might have had some good information. But he chose to act like an ***. Even so far as to imply that certain members were untrustworthy or cheats. Not something a -good- person would do, especially because they were long time and well informed (and quite honest) members. And his whole attitude of any sales being through some other site because this one, and its members, can't be trusted... he all but called all of us crooks.

While I miss anything he might have contributed to the group, his attitude just wasn't appreciated or necessary. And we have not lost anything by his no longer being here.

TJ's GMC
August 29th, 2016, 03:12 AM
I'm not discussing how or why. I'm discussing his value vs yours. This kind of derogatory statements? "Yes this individual has an over inflated ego, basically a narcissist." Yeah, get him while he's self extracted and gone to help elsewhere. Awesome.

Also:
There is no such thing as a 17 year old "Senior Member". Jacking up your post count with nonsense comments doesn't get it kid.
688 posts in 17 months. Joined at 16.

Nonsense comments???? Show me how many of my comments are nonsense.

David R Leifheit
August 29th, 2016, 03:12 AM
For your info, I Have a job. I work 40 hours a week and 2 weekends a month as a mechanic.

Well, learn something every day. I would never have guessed you were 17. I don't look at ages (and only at location to see how far away) I tend to go by what a person says, what they show themselves as.

TJ's GMC
August 29th, 2016, 03:14 AM
Actually isn't this the second time he had been banned?

There is no doubt he might have had some good information. But he chose to act like an ***. Even so far as to imply that certain members were untrustworthy or cheats. Not something a -good- person would do, especially because they were long time and well informed (and quite honest) members. And his whole attitude of any sales being through some other site because this one, and its members, can't be trusted... he all but called all of us crooks.

While I miss anything he might have contributed to the group, his attitude just wasn't appreciated or necessary. And we have not lost anything by his no longer being here.

You tell em TJ!! :thumbsup:

Yep, this is his 2nd time being banned. Both times for being an A**.

Pete: Just putting the truth out in the open. :thumbsup:

bigblockv6
August 29th, 2016, 03:18 AM
I never knew TJ was 17 until Ed Snyder told me. As far as Charon (AKA BarryGMC) he was banned a total of 3 times. Jeannie brought him back in and within less than 2 weeks he was temporarily banned for 10 days then several weeks later banned permanently. Just because other people have different ideas than him he would start up with his negativity. In his mind only he was right!!:lolsmack2:

GMCDAC
August 29th, 2016, 03:30 AM
EDIT! You beat me to it Pete. I believe it's the 3rd time, the first time was a self-ban that he just said he was done posting and came back anyway, then the other two times were needed to be done by the Admin. I guess that if the "experienced folks with the knowledge" have no appreciation and respect for the young ones that want to do this stuff, THEY are the ones killing any possibility of the truck hobby to continue for more generations.

DAC

bigblockv6
August 29th, 2016, 03:40 AM
DAC, the first time he was banned because he was slandering me, that was in mid Nov 2014, Jeannie brought him back in June 2016, he was banned 10 days for slandering TJ then again in July.:ahhhh:

GMCDAC
August 29th, 2016, 03:59 AM
I think there was some issues before that on his end even but it's all history now so it doesn't matter.

DAC

bigblockv6
August 29th, 2016, 04:09 AM
You're right, it's all history by now, there really was no need to bring it up by someone else, sure did backfire on him.:lolsmack2:

TJ's GMC
August 29th, 2016, 05:00 AM
EDIT! You beat me to it Pete. I believe it's the 3rd time, the first time was a self-ban that he just said he was done posting and came back anyway, then the other two times were needed to be done by the Admin. I guess that if the "experienced folks with the knowledge" have no appreciation and respect for the young ones that want to do this stuff, THEY are the ones killing any possibility of the truck hobby to continue for more generations.

DAC

Dac,

I really appreciate your support for me and the other young guys out there with this hobby. If it wasn't for guys like you, Pete, Ed, Jolly, and the rest of the folks who are always ready to answer questions(some silly) and help guys out; Guys like me who are new to this would be screwed. You guys are awesome! Wouldn't know half of what I do if you guys weren't here. :thumbsup:

TJ's GMC
August 29th, 2016, 05:01 AM
You're right, it's all history by now, there really was no need to bring it up by someone else, sure did backfire on him.:lolsmack2:

Exactly....this thread was down at the bottom or even on the next page. lol Why now? Guess someone was bored?

bigblockv6
August 29th, 2016, 05:05 AM
More like a buddy of BarryGMC's to defend him!!:ahhhh:

TJ's GMC
August 29th, 2016, 05:14 AM
More like a buddy of BarryGMC's to defend him!!:ahhhh:

I guess, took long enough. lol I'd forgotten about it! Thought it was time to move on and enjoy more members coming in who want to have FUN with the hobby!

jturk
August 29th, 2016, 01:01 PM
As most folks on this forum know I don't post very often, but I really look forward to looking at and reading the forum pretty much every day. I enjoy everyones input on different topics and have received some very good information that I have used. The age of anyone on the forum doesn't matter at all. Good information knows no age and helps when you need it. I really don't like it when any post becomes personal and attacks anyone for the sake of belittling them. Everyone makes mistakes and hopefully learns from them, but it just turns people off when they get ridiculed which just causes them to go somewhere else for their information and help. I think we just need to move on and keep moving forward and forget about the banned individuals and just concentrate on the active members and what their knowledge can provide for those of us who value their input. There are come great members such as : TJ, BigBlock, GMCDAC, and many others who are willing to help when you need it and correct you when you're wrong. Sorry for the long winded post and thanks to everyone for their patience, input and expertise.