PDA

View Full Version : Air conditioning

HOTRODJOHN
August 16th, 2016, 01:26 AM
Just wanted to let you know that there is a bracket available now, where you can bolt your original York compressor bracket. With this adapter you can use the new Sanden compressor. If you have the factory bracket you can use it. I will be working on a complete bracket set-up for Vintage Air and will keep everyone up to date on the progress. Any questions please let me know. John

TJ's GMC
August 16th, 2016, 01:36 AM
Sounds awesome! Will this system work on a 305 with P/s?

HOTRODJOHN
August 16th, 2016, 04:12 AM
I think it will does the PS set-up fit on the bottom of the motor or the top and is the small type. John

TJ's GMC
August 16th, 2016, 04:13 PM
If my engine wasn't torn apart I'd show some pictures. haha Maybe someone can chime in with some. It has the factory p/s which is a fairly large unit. Mounted on the driver's side of the engine about half way. The A/C unit would have to sit a little ways up to work with it from what I can see.

HOTRODJOHN
August 16th, 2016, 04:23 PM
I think I have photos of what you are talking about. I will post it tonight and you can let me know if it is the same. John

HOTRODJOHN
August 17th, 2016, 04:05 AM
Sorry the picture is so bad but its the best I got. John

TJ's GMC
August 17th, 2016, 04:56 AM
Not like mine at all. haha Here's is the best photo I can provide. If you click on it it should be bigger. You can barely see the cap in this one.

HOTRODJOHN
August 17th, 2016, 06:43 AM
I couldn't really see it but the bracket used for the A/C sits high on the drivers side so it should be fine. If you do get a better picture you could PM me if you want. John

TJ's GMC
August 18th, 2016, 02:13 AM
I'll post a picture on here for sure. Just have to get my engine back together. haha

GMCDAC
August 18th, 2016, 03:33 AM
I don't know if this will help but here's a pic of the engine compartment of a friend's GMC. He is still trying to get it titled but I believe it is a '64 or '65.

DAC

TJ's GMC
August 18th, 2016, 05:18 AM
Exact setup I have!

jbgroby
August 18th, 2016, 01:15 PM
Hi,

I may be able to help with better P/S pictures, I add P/S to my 305 V-6. If you make a bracket that will fit, consider another one sold!

jbgroby
August 18th, 2016, 01:21 PM
The last few showing the bracket

HOTRODJOHN
August 18th, 2016, 04:42 PM
JBGROBY, Thanks a lot they really help if he has the same type of assembly. I can keep them in my file for reference. The A/C bracket would fit with this because it bolts onn the top and off the exhaust manifold. John

jbgroby
August 18th, 2016, 07:56 PM
Cool, just let me know please if they ever go into production.

Funky61
August 19th, 2016, 01:38 AM
Here's one from 67-69 that mounts the compressor low on the passenger side. Don't forget GMCNUT's thread on his optioned out Suburban and the AC on that one.

Funky61
August 19th, 2016, 01:41 AM
Here is the bracket itself and it looks to mount the alternator also (photo from an EBay listing)

GMCNUT
August 19th, 2016, 01:55 PM
So, just now seeing this thread to chime in on. Reproducing Assembly-line installed A/C compressor brackets is simple but they are for the A6 compressor, where some of you may want to use the smaller York compressor. I do have a complete still-on-engine AC bracket set up for the 305E which holds the York compressor. Both A6 and York styles allow for the 1960-66 factory Pontiac design power steering pumps to be used, but not sure about the 1967-69 Chevrolet design pumps like Jake is using - I assume they might both work still with that too. Both of my setups had PS as well. I do not have photos currently of the York setup but will take some and add them here later .

HOTRODJOHN - do you need a set of GMC A6 or York brackets to use as a template to fabricate brackets from? is that what this thread is about? if so I can send you either or as long as you return them when finished.

Another issue facing AC and PS fans reading this will be getting appropriate triple grooved engine pullys to run both. Not sure what the plan is there unless you all plan to rob them off 2 ton truck V6's because as far as I know, there are no aftermarket triple grooved pullys that fit the V6 but then I have never looked into that either, so I could be mistaken....

GMCNUT
August 19th, 2016, 01:59 PM
this is the assembly-line A6 compressor bracketry - childishly simply to reproduce these when you have a pattern to use

TJ's GMC
August 19th, 2016, 04:10 PM
So would it be possible to run the P/s and A/c on one belt? Or would that be to much load?

HOTRODJOHN
August 20th, 2016, 01:36 AM
I would rather use a different groove. The bracket you show is would be for the older compressor. I would rather have it set-up for the new Sanden one that everyone is using. John

HOTRODJOHN
September 18th, 2016, 08:54 PM
I wanted to give everyone an update on the Air Conditioning bracket. I will be done with the prototype some time this week. The bracket will be on the drivers side on the top. It will be for a Sanden Compressor. Anyone looking to up grade their car with the newer style compressor and has a York compressor, there is a bracket available now where you can bolt it to your existing bracket. Will keep everyone informed and will post pictures when it is completed. John

HOTRODJOHN
September 22nd, 2016, 01:27 AM
Finished the prototype today. I will give it to a machine shop to laser cut them out and bend them up. Will let everyone know when I get them done. John

TJ's GMC
September 22nd, 2016, 10:08 PM
Looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

jbgroby
September 23rd, 2016, 01:10 PM
Hot Rod, count me in when you get them in.

JAke

ilvracn
September 23rd, 2016, 02:02 PM
i would take bracket as well, a/c would be great
rick:thumbsup: