PDA

View Full Version : Just a general hello

Jmclendon
September 21st, 2016, 09:30 AM
Hello hello,
I've recently stumbled on a 1961 1500 series stepside that was in need of a new home.
After some time in the garage, a seized wheel bearing while going down the road (that was fun), followed by some more time in the garage, he's finally up and running and well on his way to being a daily driver.

I've been digging through this forum for awhile and have found it very helpful/interesting. No doubt I'll ask a million stupid questions, so I hope y'all are patient.

Anyway, this is just a friendly hello and an introduction from the other side of the world (the truck, my wife and I are in Australia).

Clarke
September 21st, 2016, 12:34 PM
Welcome and congrats!

FetchMeAPepsi
September 21st, 2016, 01:53 PM
Hello hello,
I've recently stumbled on a 1961 1500 series stepside that was in need of a new home.
After some time in the garage, a seized wheel bearing while going down the road (that was fun), followed by some more time in the garage, he's finally up and running and well on his way to being a daily driver.

I've been digging through this forum for awhile and have found it very helpful/interesting. No doubt I'll ask a million stupid questions, so I hope y'all are patient.

Anyway, this is just a friendly hello and an introduction from the other side of the world (the truck, my wife and I are in Australia).

:welcome: How'd the wheel bearing go? Did you lose the wheel? Also, where's the pics? :D

Funky61
September 21st, 2016, 03:04 PM
Welcome Jmclendon! Let's see some pics of that truck and how it came to be in the Land Down Under. :signthankspin:

TJ's GMC
September 21st, 2016, 03:11 PM
Welcome! We need lot's a pictures! :ok:

Jmclendon
September 27th, 2016, 09:22 AM
:welcome: How'd the wheel bearing go? Did you lose the wheel? Also, where's the pics? :D

Let's just say it's one of those things that my wife and I were able to laugh about later. Considering we left a nice long stripe down the road, it could've been worse.

I've created an album with a couple of photos. I'll upload more soon! There's a couple of the exploded bearing that are something special LOL