PDA

View Full Version : will these parts work on 1960 GMC N1000

magicsm1
January 24th, 2018, 07:45 PM
Just starting work on 1960 GMC stepside. I have what looks to be a 63 hood that came with it. {see pics}. 1} will this hood fit this vehicle? If so, Can someone tell me exactly what other parts will be needed to complete front of truck. ie:what year Grille support panel,grille & anything else I might need to complete this .

bigblockv6
January 25th, 2018, 01:38 AM
It appears that you have a Chevrolet hood and grille:ahhhh:, sure it will fit but your truck will lose it's true identity:pullinghairout:. Get a GMC hood & grille and make your truck look right:upyes:

magicsm1
January 25th, 2018, 02:11 AM
You are right of course, but I have been looking for the correct grille & hood for some time & no luck!:banghead: Any suggestions on where to look for these parts?:helpsign:

AZKen
January 25th, 2018, 02:56 AM
The 60 Cat Eye hood is only 2 years. So it's going to be a big search. Easy to replace later. So drive with what you have and enjoy while you look for GMC specific front parts. Hood, grille, emblems. Recoup your money by selling the Chev hood later.
You live in a good state and area. Just keep looking. You may have to buy a whole donor GMC to get a hood.
We don't know what else you need. You will have to start putting together and see what's missing.

Put a "wanted" ad on this site's Marketplace Forum. Member "RustBucket" is in CA and has GMC parts. PM him.

magicsm1
January 25th, 2018, 09:26 PM
Do you know anywhere I might be able to pick up a Master Hardware kit for my 1960 GMC stepside:helpsign:. Also will a 60 chevy kit be the same as GMC? Thanks for previous post.:signthankspin:

WDShaffer
January 25th, 2018, 10:17 PM
Magic, I grew up in Fresno— if you haven’t already, talk to Jerry Turner @ Turner Auto Wrecking. He might have something (you don’t know until you ask). As far as “master hardware” goes, almost all fasteners are interchangeable—maybe save time & cost with a bulk kit, compare each piece that you remove & replace. The bolts that hold your current hood to the hinges will be at least half inch shorter than those needed for the 60-61 leaf catcher hood. As you can tell from my avitar, I’m in the same predicament. I will be doing a custom hood, as my jimmy is a basket case fun project.

magicsm1
January 26th, 2018, 01:18 AM
Thanks WD. I will check turners tomorrow.:thumbsup: