PDA

View Full Version : New Project

Bruno
April 7th, 2019, 12:53 AM
HI
I'm new here just bought a 1962 GMC project. It has been sitting since 1993 was able to start with gravity fed gas. Lot's of work to do but should be rolling soon.
Love Bruno

Ed Snyder
April 7th, 2019, 07:48 AM
HI
I'm new here just bought a 1962 GMC project. It has been sitting since 1993 was able to start with gravity fed gas. Lot's of work to do but should be rolling soon.
Love Bruno

Welcome to the forum, Bruno! Keep us posted on your progress. We hope your project still has the V6, and that you plan to keep it.

FetchMeAPepsi
April 7th, 2019, 05:13 PM
Those colors are the kind of colors people try to replicate for a "patina". Nice truck! What kind of tires are on it? I can't believe they still have air, haha!

Got any more pictures?

:welcome:

Bruno
April 8th, 2019, 01:51 AM
It does have the big block V6 and I plan to keep them together. 3 tires held air and the spare made the 4th. So far I have redone the fuel delivery, next I need to tackle the ignition as I didn't get any keys. I bought new tumblers with keys and plan to drill out the old. I will need to make it stop before I can go. The master cylinder was dry.
I will post more photos as I go along. My wife doesn't understand the Patina thing but I am hoping it grows on her. I love the way it looks.

jagarra
April 8th, 2019, 09:01 PM
That kind of patina is hard to duplicate. For your brakes, NAPA has a lot of the items available, master, wheel cylinders and kits. If not in a hurry Rock Auto has items. If you rebuild the master yourself, the clutch side is assembled differently than the brake side, even though the kits are the same.
Have fun,

LEWISMATKIN
April 9th, 2019, 01:59 AM
if you need any parts numbers for napa, just drop me a note. I'll do the best i can to furnish you with the right p/n. BTW, welcome to the forum.

Bruno
April 14th, 2019, 05:18 AM
Some progress was made this week. I didn't get any keys with the old girl so I removed the driver side door handle and took it to the local locksmith who told me that though he could make a key to open the door, the ignition key would be different. So I paid him 25 bucks to make a door key. When I got home I has happy to see that mister locksmith was mistaken and that new key also turns the ignition.
I flushed out the radiator and water jacket in the block before installing new hoses and filling with anti freeze.
I bought a battery and now I need to add some gas to the tank and see if I can make her run.
Love Bruce

Bruno
April 18th, 2019, 02:33 AM
The old girl started right up. But I need to rebuild the carburetor as it is leaking gas.
Love Bruce

Bruno
April 18th, 2019, 02:21 PM
The old girl has a name. When I asked my family for suggestions my Mom who goes by her middle name Lorraine suggested her first name. So I'm naming her Irma.
Love Bruce

FetchMeAPepsi
April 18th, 2019, 03:13 PM
The old girl has a name. When I asked my family for suggestions my Mom who goes by her middle name Lorraine suggested her first name. So I'm naming her Irma.
Love Bruce

That's a great name! You should change the title to "Irma's build thread 1962 GMC k1000" or something like that so people can find it when they search for 1962 year models.

You're making a ton of progress. Now how about those pictures?!!!! :rowdybeer:

Bruno
April 19th, 2019, 04:33 AM
Irma looking fine in my driveway. I don't know why I can't get the picture upright.
Love Bruce

Bruno
April 19th, 2019, 04:38 AM
That's a great name! You should change the title to "Irma's build thread 1962 GMC k1000" or something like that so people can find it when they search for 1962 year models.

You're making a ton of progress. Now how about those pictures?!!!! :rowdybeer:

so how do I change thread title?
Love Bruce

jagarra
April 19th, 2019, 10:20 PM
Bruno,

I have an extra kit for a model WW carb from Carb Junkys if you want it. Now that I have a Holley it's extra.

Bruno
April 20th, 2019, 01:44 AM
Bruno,

I have an extra kit for a model WW carb from Carb Junkys if you want it. Now that I have a Holley it's extra.

I would be very much appreciate a WW model carb kit
. :signthankspin:
Love Bruno

Bruno
April 20th, 2019, 02:01 AM
Removed the carburetor today gotta get a kit. Going to start working on the brakes while I wait for a kit.
Love Bruce

Bruno
April 26th, 2019, 03:04 AM
Took apart my WW model carb today. Hopefully it will work after I use the carb kit Jagarra so generously sent me to rebuild it tomorrow.
Love Bruce

Bruno
April 27th, 2019, 11:16 PM
Took apart my WW model carb today. Hopefully it will work after I use the carb kit Jagarra so generously sent me to rebuild it tomorrow.
Love Bruce

I installed the rebuilt carb and It running smoothly.
:signthankspin: Thanks again Jagarra.