PDA

View Full Version : Horn

GTS61
July 4th, 2019, 02:23 PM
It seems that my steering wheel is causing my horn to blow when I turn it so far. Could it be that the blinker cancelling thing on the steering wheel is grounding it out? Don’t know what the cancelling thing is called. What would I do if this is the problem? Thanks for any advice!!

Greg

AZKen
July 4th, 2019, 09:36 PM
Greg: you kind of just have to take off button and examine/observe and see if you detect what is causing. Did it just start doing this out of the blue or did you do work in that area? Canceller is on opposite side of wheel. Probably not that. Canceller is plastic. Let us know when this started.

GTS61
July 4th, 2019, 09:45 PM
Ken it’s been going on for a while now. I bought the horn kit and it still is honking when I turn my steering wheel. It all started when I put on a new OEM steering wheel because my old one was cracked. I didn’t pay close enough attention when I took it apart the first time. I do have all the books for my truck maybe I’m tightening the bolt down to much. I’ll look at it when I get off work. Thanks for getting back with me. You have helped me many times with many different problems I’ve had with my truck and I definitely appreciate all the help from you and the other guys in the club!!!

AZKen
July 5th, 2019, 01:19 AM
Our pleasure. Yes you probably just have it assembled wrong or too tight. Maybe the disc is upside down or plastic feet on the tri-screw piece are not "seated". You will find it. Be sure the spring loaded contact is free. The canceller has a cutout for the contact and etc. Try things and test.