PDA

View Full Version : Website Update

Jeannie
January 30th, 2024, 03:37 PM
As some may have noticed there have been a few surprises lately with the website. We are currently working from a backup that is not fully operational.

A planned update in January broke most of our pictures from the archives through December and caused an outage of the capcha used to register with the club. To fix this issue, the update was rolled back but not without it's own problems. The database corrupted with the roll back resulting in what we have today. A step back in time.

This type of thing is becoming more and more common as we attempt to patch and buildout our older software to keep the same feel and function our members are used to using. As mentioned before a major update will be needed in the near future to stay safe, secure, and available to all platforms. Until that time I will continue to do my best to keep things in working order and make our one-of-a-kind knowledge base available with a goal of 99% uptime.

The corruption is under review now by database nerds much smarter than I and we hope to resume normal operation over the next few days. Until that time please refrain from posting pictures or important data on your builds. They may not transfer to the repaired system.

Thank you for your patience while we squash these bugs,

-Jeannie

60-66 GMC Club