6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Southeast Mini-Meet (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=48569)

RustyNut January 18th, 2015 11:36 PM

Re: Southeast Mini-Meet

Would you Alabama/Mississippi guys be willing to travel that far????

After mapquesting some members locations I am thinking more might be able to attend if we moved location west a bit. Possibly Talledega? Or would that be too far for you Clyde?

Once we decide on a location we can work on dates.

Rusty

1960HDGMC January 19th, 2015 12:40 AM

Hey RustyNut, I can drive my truck to Barnesville or any point south of Atlanta and north of Florida. I would not dare get anywhere closer to Atlanta(and its traffic) than Barnesville. My first pick would be the Cherry Blossom Festival Show, and then Barnesville Battler of the Bones. Either one will be fun. Moultrie Swap Meet is in Feb., and it will be pretty cold, so it is third in line, among these choices. I am fine with whatever we land on. I wish I had some other events to pick from, but these are it till summer around here. The Dukes Of Hazzard has a big show a little later in Byron, but it will be hotter than the law will allow. I had a friend have his door handles stolen of his 1940 Ford truck out there last year, so I would not leave my truck to go pee without eyes on it. I do not know if it makes a hoot for anyone or not, but I have a lot of former co-workers and friends at CBS 13 WMAZ-TV in Macon. If we land on the Cherry Blossom Festival, I can arrange for a film team to get some footage of the trucks and possibly get a human interest story on the GMC truck meet specifically. It would be a chance to get some video of our trucks and something great to watch later on. Just a thought. If five trucks show, they can shoot tight and make it seem like 100 rolled in. Later, Greg Mead

RustyNut January 19th, 2015 02:31 AM

Dukes in Byron????? I thought the "Good Ole Boys" & Hazzard County were north of Atlanta. LOL!!!!

Right now, we need everyone who might be able to attend to throw out locations and there limits on travel.

The plan is to find a location that would allow the most to attend.

Rusty

kknotts January 19th, 2015 02:49 AM

Don't kill the meet for me but February may be too early for me with truck as I am in putting it together as we speak. Could and would come without truck. Week of March 23-28 is spoken for as well. Should have truck running and rolling by late March.

aphaynes January 19th, 2015 03:54 AM

6 hour normal ride to Byron form Huntsville, not sure my GMC is up to that long of a run. However, can't make everyone happy either.

OLDTRUCKHAULER February 23rd, 2015 12:52 AM

I'm new on the site, but a micro-meet sounds like something I could do.
I have a bastard truck, Chevy 1/2 ton front clip, the rear frame stretched
about 36 inches, spicer/Dana 60 full floater axle, 305e/sm-420 trans with a 1964 cab, manual drum brakes, manual steering. When I got it, they listed
it as a 1 1/2 ton. Might ask for some info about things later.
I'm in North Carolina, but loading the truck on my rollback and coming down
to north or central Georgia to meet with ya'll sounds like a good time in my
book. If/when something is figured out, I would need to now abut a hotel, don't
have a sleeper on the rollback.
Been reading and figuring a lot of things out, still may need to ask about things
Truck VIN is 1502PF70453B

OTH
65 GMC to be truck hauler
65 Chevy 1/2t stepside
62 Willys 4x4
67 Ford styleside 1/2t
88 Int. Rollback

aphaynes February 28th, 2015 12:27 AM

I was just reviewing this thread. Has a location been determined? Barnesville on May 2nd or some other location?

Clyde February 28th, 2015 02:11 PM

Barnesville keeps coming up, what are everyone's thoughts? The way the weather has been it might not be warm until May. LOL Please everyone interested chime in.

RustyNut March 1st, 2015 05:21 PM

OK Guys,

IF Barnesville is picked as the location who could make it?

Is May 2nd (Same weekend as a Barbeque competition and Car Show) a good weekend?

I would hope we could make up a firm decision soon so that folks could prepare/make arrangements.

Rusty

Clyde March 2nd, 2015 04:18 PM

Count me in.