6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   GMC Camper Liner (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=49201)

GMCNUT January 24th, 2016 10:06 AM

Re: GMC Camper Liner

If you go back, check and see if the dealer add-on AC unit is still under the dash too....someone removed the engine brackets and compressor but the hoses are still present going through the firewall for AC

Clarke January 25th, 2016 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMCNUT (Post 60548)
If you go back, check and see if the dealer add-on AC unit is still under the dash too....someone removed the engine brackets and compressor but the hoses are still present going through the firewall for AC

I was going to take a picture of the interior but it was packed full of old split boxes of pantyhose. I could barley see the instrument panel; only enough to see that there were no additional gauges added.

I was surprised to see the emblem too (that's why I took the photo), but I don't know near as much about these trucks as you guys do.

I was going to talk to the owner, but no one was there. There were several bumper pull campers in rough shape and an old school bus. I get that way a couple times a year; I might stop again sometime.

The frame was almost sitting on the ground. I believe it had four wheels on the rear axle. It's been sitting there for many years.

You guys have any idea if that's a 305 or 351?

bigblockv6 January 25th, 2016 03:29 AM

It's a 305, the 351 became available in pickup trucks in 1966 and this truck appears to be either a 64 or 65. It has the smaller ww carb and smaller exhaust manifolds, both tell tale signs of a 305 engine,

GMCDAC January 26th, 2016 01:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That is an interesting find David! I dig old campers and motorhomes. I would think that Camper Liner was a small company that bought cab/chassis and built campers on them. They probably had made up their own fender badging. It's too bad it got neglected so badly. I would be willing to bet the upper radiator mount is bent because someone stole the radiator to sell as scrap. I did google Camper Liner with no substantial hits but did find what has to be the largest chassis mount cabover camper! We own what has to be the largest slide in cabover camper so big ones catch my eye. Here's that GMC for laffs!

Say hi to Carla for us!

DAC

Edit--Oh yeah---boxes of panty hose??? Are you kidding me??--LOL!

Clarke January 27th, 2016 12:34 PM

Hello Doug... The size of that camper is crazy. Although, I bet it would be comfortable. Thanks for sharing.

If your assumptions are correct about Camper Liner, I'm impressed with the overall package. Especially, with the vendor badges. Very professional looking, including the placement.

Yes, boxes and boxes of pantyhose. If you're interested, I could try to negotiate a deal for you. ;)