6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Redding car shows, my first trophy! (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=48162)

Foley April 25th, 2014 04:41 AM

Re: Redding car shows, my first trophy!

In my dictionary, patina is the Spanish word for "has character".

Ed Snyder April 25th, 2014 06:22 AM

Rockdriller's definition "needs paint and bodywork" fits both of my 67s pretty well. I'll let the attendees Sunday decide if the blue one I'll be driving down has "character" or not.

BobC April 25th, 2014 06:35 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay my next two trophies, but I didn't get to bring them home:(

Foley May 7th, 2014 11:31 PM

Re: Redding car shows, GMCguys Meet

4 Attachment(s)
Five of us showed up on Sunday for BobC's mini meet in Redding, CA. Let to Right, BobC. Redding, CA. Rick Rusconi. Elk Grove, CA. BigblockV6. Rhonert Park, CA, Foley. Greenwood, CA, and Ed Snyder. Jacksonville, OR.

Three great and different trucks. Ed's original 67 long stepper. BobC.'s bright red 63 long stepper, and Rick's beautiful 62 short/wide. Terrific stories about the history and all the work that was done to all three of these rigs. I urge you to contact these guys and hear those stories! We all had a good time and BobC even fed us too!!

FetchMeAPepsi May 7th, 2014 11:56 PM

Re: Redding car shows, GMCguys Meet

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foley (Post 53267)
Five of us showed up on Sunday for BobC's mini meet in Redding, CA. Let to Right, BobC. Redding, CA. Rick Rusconi. Elk Grove, CA. BigblockV6. Rhonert Park, CA, Foley. Greenwood, CA, and Ed Snyder. Jacksonville, OR.

Three great and different trucks. Ed's original 67 long stepper. BobC.'s bright red 63 long stepper, and Rick's beautiful 62 short/wide. Terrific stories about the history and all the work that was done to all three of these rigs. I urge you to contact these guys and hear those stories! We all had a good time and BobC even fed us too!!

Great pics! Those trucks are tooooo coooooool! :giggity::giggity::giggity:

Ed Snyder May 8th, 2014 12:12 AM

4 Attachment(s)
A few more photos from the Redding mini-meet:

Rear view of BobC's awesome 63, Rick's awesome 62, and Ed's far-from-awesome 67 in the first photo

Rick's 62, Ed's 67, and Foley's Chevy across the street from Bob's house in the second photo

BobC #2 (aka Foley), BobC #1, Rick "don't wanna hear 'bout no wood-splitter" Rusconi, and Pete "bigblockV6" Chronis contemplating the most over-engineered and under-appreciated engine GM ever built in the third photo

Master Chef Bob Cochran in the fourth photo

RustyNut May 8th, 2014 01:06 AM

Seems like a typical "mini-meet". Wish I could have made it..... But guess what.... I am STILL laying flooring... Anyway, I am looking forward to the upcoming "Wichita mini-meet".

6066gmcguy May 9th, 2014 02:25 AM

Looks like you all had fun. I have had a lot of fun just going to local shows thruogh out the summer.

There will be awards given out next month at my show, see my Thread for more details.