6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Starting with a Great Pair of Burbs (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=48639)

TDLyver February 18th, 2015 07:26 AM

Re: Starting with a Great Pair of Burbs

5 Attachment(s)
For now, I am working on getting the black one, that is running, to be more road worthy. I want to be able and drive around and enjoy it.

It looks as though some one had taken a bat to each window along the driver's side. Lucky for me, the previous owner had 4 used, replacement sliders for the back windows and a pair of used doors (with better skin and less rust.)

The spare driver's door has glass and just needs seals. I rough fitted it for now (body work later) and got the old windows pulled out of the driver's side. The spares that the previous owner had had much less rust and he also had seal kits for two. I will get the driver's side replaced since that is where the damage was.

The front seat needs to have the bracket welded and the middle seat was found in the white (non-running) burb.

I want to get the glass in and sealed, check brakes, lube the chassis and change oil in the engine, rear end, and the transmission, and check the timing.

After this initial road worthiness. I am going to get in titled for here in Oregon and spend the spring and summer driving it around. While I get to use this one, I will dig into the motor on the white one and see what i am in for.

TDLyver February 18th, 2015 07:29 AM

Hey AZKen,

I was watching them too, but then the price dropped and started talking to the owner. Great story behind the black one. I hope to do it some justice. I am not sure the story behind the white one, but with some digging I am sure I can.

These remind me of ying and yang, or spy vs. spy. One with barn doors and one with tailgate. They came from the same plant a few thousand apart.

My original thought was to use one for parts....but now I want to save both! I think I have the bug!!

GMCDAC February 19th, 2015 01:04 AM

Thank-you for saving them both! Looking forward to updates and the story behind them.

DAC

OLDTRUCKHAULER March 9th, 2015 01:58 AM

GMCDAC, G'DAY

Did you look at the "burban I saw on CL and posted for interested parties?
Here is the listing
92rj6-490191498@sale.craigslist.org It is under Fayetteville cars and trucks
$4995.00 Looks good.

Mike OTH

OLDTRUCKHAULER March 9th, 2015 01:59 AM

Apologies for hijacking the thread

Mike OTH

GMCDAC March 9th, 2015 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLDTRUCKHAULER (Post 57157)
GMCDAC, G'DAY

Did you look at the "burban I saw on CL and posted for interested parties?
Here is the listing
92rj6-490191498@sale.craigslist.org It is under Fayetteville cars and trucks
$4995.00 Looks good.

Mike OTH

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLDTRUCKHAULER (Post 57158)
Apologies for hijacking the thread

Mike OTH

Hi Mike, Yeah I tried the link on the other post and this one and it just opens the contact seller email form. Too far away anyhow, but I sure appreciate the effort to help! I have another GMC that is my priority right now anyway.

I will also apologise for the hijack too! Love them 'Burbs TDLyver! Hope for more updates.

DAC