6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Bridges of Madison County (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=48955)

1960HDGMC August 14th, 2015 04:34 PM

Re: The Bridges of Madison County

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarke (Post 58869)
I guess I need to pay more attention... I didn't realize there were differences in the creases. Thanks for the info. And, the old documents are always fun to look at.

Hey Clarke, Here is the drawing I found with the Double Crease rear inner fenders. I think they would have looked good with the extra crease. GM

Clarke August 17th, 2015 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1960HDGMC (Post 58873)
Hey Clarke, Here is the drawing I found with the Double Crease rear inner fenders. I think they would have looked good with the extra crease. GM

This is cool. I'm printing this off and hanging it in the garage.

1960HDGMC August 17th, 2015 08:46 PM

Hey Clarke, There is a thread called GMC Print Art, in the general Discussion section. It has a lot of cool poster stuff. I put a ton of that kind of stuff in the Picture Album about my truck build. I wish I could locate a clearer version of the one I posted on here. That is a neat looking print. GM

Clarke August 21st, 2015 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1960HDGMC (Post 58918)
Hey Clarke, There is a thread called GMC Print Art, in the general Discussion section. It has a lot of cool poster stuff. I put a ton of that kind of stuff in the Picture Album about my truck build. I wish I could locate a clearer version of the one I posted on here. That is a neat looking print. GM

Thanks for telling me about the other thread.

Mike September 10th, 2015 07:47 PM

This is interesting. I have noticed some GMC trucks with the V-6 badging myself in some of the older movies.
Recently I was watching an old James Bond Movie staring Sean Connery called Thunder ball. Most of this film was shot in Nassau and about 2/3rds into the movie I noticed a big GMC dump truck with the V-6 badging on the side of the hood.

1960HDGMC September 10th, 2015 09:00 PM

Hey Mike, I think I remember that truck being in the movie. Best I can remember, it was bright yellow in color. There is a site called IMCA I think, that lists all the vehicles from movies and TV. There are hours worth of GMC trucks on that site. You can do cross reference searches on there also. Tons of fun. GM

bigblockv6 September 11th, 2015 02:12 AM

You mentioning that brings back memories of an early 80's movie where A 62-66 GMC armored car was used, rather than calling it a Brinks it was a Banks. I think what happened was the President of the USA was kidnapped and locked in the back of it, if any doors would be opened there was a bomb that would go off. So the rescue attempt involved removing the engine , cutting through the firewall then getting inside the cab and cutting into the back to get the President out. Through all the drama the President was finally rescued:ahhhh:

Mike September 14th, 2015 08:35 PM

Thanks for that reference of the IMCA website GM. I will want to look through that when I get the chance. Sounds like a site I could spend an hour on!
As far as the movie involving the rescue of the president Big block v-6. Do
you remember the name of it? It sounds like something worth watching just for the rescue attempt. lol
I would surely watch at least that part of it.

1960HDGMC September 14th, 2015 10:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Mike, That was bigblock that remembered that movie. I looked it up. The movie was about kidnapping the President, and it was called "Kidnapping The President". William Shatner,1980. Snipped this shot (best they had) from an online place to which people upload. You know the one. And the site I told you about is IMDB.com. They have all the cars in movies/TV,etc.. Gm

GMCNUT September 15th, 2015 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarke (Post 58869)
I guess I need to pay more attention... I didn't realize there were differences in the creases. Thanks for the info. And, the old documents are always fun to look at.

Are you guy talking about multiple indentations the wheel tub flanges inside the bed? or something else? explain where these "creases" are you are talking about