6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   GMC V6 and V12 Engines (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   305D value? (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=49603)

FetchMeAPepsi September 20th, 2016 04:32 AM

Re: 305D value?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpmcgee (Post 63679)
So anyone else have a feeling for how much a 305D is worth?

B

I gave $100 for the last one I bought. I'd say its worth $100-500 too if it's running. Maybe more if someone is close and in real serious need. I like having one extra just in case, but not everyone is like that.

Put it on Craigslist for $300 and see what happens.

Ed Snyder September 20th, 2016 05:23 AM

Quote:

B

From my experience, you can expect to get $50 to $100 if you're lucky enough to find somebody willing to come and get it. I've tried unsuccessfully over the years to sell several V6s and ended up taking them to the scrap yard instead. I kept the two best ones (351 and 379), but don't want to give up any more storage space than that to keep any more.

TJ's GMC September 20th, 2016 08:08 PM

Quote:

B

Consider this, If you Have a v6 already it is a good idea to keep a spare parts engine handy. At the rate things are going...parts will no longer be produced for these one day and we'll all be screwed and forced to use stupid small blocks because that's all anyone cares about....Gotta be stinkin cheap and easy to be worth a dang dime. Oh yeah...gotta get from fricken 0 to 60 in .25 seconds to. So, if you Have the room I'd keep it, but give no more than $100 if it's not a runner...if it's seized solid you might grab some misc spare parts like valve covers...manifolds....distributor....heck...if the rocker assebly is good I'd snag that and push rods...all parts that can be saved. Just something to consider. :ok:

jimjaz September 21st, 2016 02:50 PM

Best way is to post it to craigslist in your area and see what kind of responses you get. Try a $xxx or best offer. If it runs, and you can show that it runs, you have a lot more bargaining power. If it is truly seized up, then letting it go to the junkyard for scrap might be the best way to go unless you are willing to tear it down and rebuild it and spend a tidy sum of money.
Even if it is not running, and you post the truck for sale as a complete unit, people out there are interested in these old pickups. The vast majority would likely not be looking for a V6 per se, and would most likely be putting in their own power plant.
Good luck!

AZKen September 24th, 2016 11:00 PM

rsrose reports is was the gas cap. Not vapor lock. So far, it is running good but we have cooled off here in AZ. I hope that really was it. Good work Bob.