6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Builds and Journals (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   1964 GMC 1000 Fleetside (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=48103)

TJ's GMC March 15th, 2015 03:54 PM

Re: 1964 GMC 1000 Fleetside

That's a sweet looking 64! Nice work!

OLDTRUCKHAULER March 15th, 2015 10:35 PM

GMCDAC,

Yeah, Man, one of these nights I'm sitting up late, reading threads,
I'll start thinking and writing here and other builds about what I have
and have done on the trucks to this point. Should be interesting reading.
I'll just have to post pictures at a later date.

Mike OTH

65 1502 ramptruck
88 INT. Rollback

aphaynes June 18th, 2015 04:10 AM

Well,figured I should update. Though I have not really done a lot to 'Ol Rusty in a while; frankly because that 305E is just running great. :amen:
Add power steering and overdrive and it would be perfect. :thumbsup:

I did have some brake work to do. Finally got the shoes taken care of but the one new rubber brake line was leaking at the wheel cylinder...I forgot to put the copper crush washer on. :ahhhh: After taking care of that, I bleed the lines again only to discover the rubber portion of the line on the other wheel had a pin hole leak that was squirting fluid quite well.:pullinghairout:

Oh well, I got all that buttoned up and put Rusty to work. This half ton 1000 series got the benefit of hauling five 1 ton loads of rock. Even got to put the girls to work...

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

After 4 loads, small pebbles getting lodged in my joist hanger tailgate hinges finally busted them up. So, took them off, grabbed some 2 inch wide flat aluminum, heated and bent it into a U shape and ran bolts all the way through the aluminum and the tailgate.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

So far it feels much smoother and stronger. :thumbsup:

Poor Rusty looked like it had been lowered with this load of rock...and you cant even see the rock. :ahhhh:

Doc, the dog, decided his rest took precedence over us spreading the rock.

TJ's GMC June 18th, 2015 04:21 AM

Good looking rig. :thumbsup: Diggin the tail gate.

aphaynes March 16th, 2016 02:05 PM

Hey all, not much going on with my GMC. It still looks the same and is running like a champ. The only one of my projects listed below that stays on the road. :thumbsup: I have not been on here in quite a while. Last fall I was focusing on the other two projects which are not GMC's so...

We did move to a new to us house back in December. Now that I am out of the HOA life, I can work more freely on these projects. The move was only 6 miles down the road, so Rusty made a lot of hauling trips back and forth between the two. The only problem Rusty had was acquiring a nail in the rear tire on one of those trips. :banghead: It was an easy fix though.

Because of the hours I work, I get every other Friday off. On those days, I am required ;) to load me and my baby girl up in Rusty to go to breakfast somewhere and take her to school and pick her up. It is a must because as she says, all the kids think Rusty is the coolest truck ever! :upyes: :lol: Can't let that title slip away!

So all that is to say that even though the build is not progressing, we as a family are just enjoying good old reliable Rusty. Now it's warming up, so I know we will be piling up cushions in the back and hitting the drive-in on family nights.

FetchMeAPepsi March 16th, 2016 03:24 PM

Wow, I missed the gravel story! Great times with you and the kiddo. Thanks for the update. Those breakfasts are going to be memories she'll treasure forever. :thumbsup:

TJ's GMC March 16th, 2016 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aphaynes (Post 61124)
Hey all, not much going on with my GMC. It still looks the same and is running like a champ. The only one of my projects listed below that stays on the road. :thumbsup: I have not been on here in quite a while. Last fall I was focusing on the other two projects which are not GMC's so...

We did move to a new to us house back in December. Now that I am out of the HOA life, I can work more freely on these projects. The move was only 6 miles down the road, so Rusty made a lot of hauling trips back and forth between the two. The only problem Rusty had was acquiring a nail in the rear tire on one of those trips. :banghead: It was an easy fix though.

Because of the hours I work, I get every other Friday off. On those days, I am required ;) to load me and my baby girl up in Rusty to go to breakfast somewhere and take her to school and pick her up. It is a must because as she says, all the kids think Rusty is the coolest truck ever! :upyes: :lol: Can't let that title slip away!

So all that is to say that even though the build is not progressing, we as a family are just enjoying good old reliable Rusty. Now it's warming up, so I know we will be piling up cushions in the back and hitting the drive-in on family nights.

Gotta love enjoying an old truck. :thumbsup:

azlamm65GMC May 18th, 2016 05:36 AM

Nice

aphaynes November 7th, 2016 01:05 AM

I still have not been forced to do anything to old Rusty. That 305 is running like a champ! Had a nice family photo session which Rusty got to be a part of. :D The friend taking our severely long over do family photo loved the truck and wanted it in the shots. Who was I to argue with that.:lolsmack2:

FetchMeAPepsi November 7th, 2016 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aphaynes (Post 64593)
I still have not been forced to do anything to old Rusty. That 305 is running like a champ! Had a nice family photo session which Rusty got to be a part of. :D The friend taking our severely long over do family photo loved the truck and wanted it in the shots. Who was I to argue with that.:lolsmack2:

Aww man! I can't see the pics. They're just blank. I'm sure they turned out great though. You and Rusty & the pit crew keep on rockin!

:thumbsup: